joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a great band and developing mini comma head as modeled over SNE, esp east as it exits. At least as the GFS depicts.

Seems like gfs shows the potential for better comma head snows is real for BOS and North Shore. I think west of 128 it's still sort of a meh solution regardless of gfs qpf fields.

Seems like gfs shows the potential for better comma head snows is real for BOS and North Shore. I think west of 128 it's still sort of a meh solution regardless of gfs qpf fields.

It argues for further west to get involved too...but I noticed the lift gets convective and spotty in nature.  The mid level thermal gradient tightens up which seems to drive the forcing. Obviously more of a gamble when you have that. I like the trend, but I would want to see the ukie and euro on board too. If they only bite a little...then it would lead me to believe the GFS might be too aggressive. 

It argues for further west to get involved too...but I noticed the lift gets convective and spotty in nature. The mid level thermal gradient tightens up which seems to drive the forcing. Obviously more of a gamble when you have that. I like the trend, but I would want to see the ukie and euro on board too. If they only bite a little...then it would lead me to believe the GFS might be too aggressive.

I feel like the trend may be right with more second s/w involvement but I doubt we'll be able to snow for 24 hours back this way. Spotty forcing and some funky subsidence and dry air issues. Where the CCB can crank different story.

haha... thanks, I'm actually graduating with my BS in meteorology this spring

Great!  We'll have another red tagger soon.  I'm thinking this might come down to a nowcasting event in the end.  We can throw out our best guesses now, but mother nature will decide the final outcome later.  Always fun to watch with bust potential either way.

I feel like the trend may be right with more second s/w involvement but I doubt we'll be able to snow for 24 hours back this way. Spotty forcing and some funky subsidence and dry air issues. Where the CCB can crank different story.

Yeah we'll see. That little yellow flag in my head sort of went up...but on the other hand the trend is tough to ignore and that is important. The other op runs should be interesting.

Archived