joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 14/15 winter storm Obs

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 11" now.  About 2" in last hour.  Last heavy band is through.  Should end up around a foot.  Finally, Albany doesn't get screwed :clap:

That last band was absolutely a thing of beauty... there was also a distinct shift in the ice crystal type from dendrites during the band to mainly needles / melted flakes at the end. 

Quick trip on the roof in South Boston, so everything has been drifting and this is just an observation. Quite windy out, and light to moderate cement falling, starting to cake out of the east. Still quite a bit of snow, but visibility around a half-mile. Eyeballing the playground about 100 feet away, I would not doubt we're at around 5-6"

Might be the heaviest snow I've seen ever right now unreal.

Ever? This?

Changed to All Rain / FZR don't know of course but the pellets are gone. 6.5". 6-12 verified. Yip! Nice storm for 4 hours. Beautiful Fluff. Off to Tuesday and toorrow's sledding if the storm can shut off soon before the rain starts to hurt the snow.

Quick trip on the roof in South Boston, so everything has been drifting and this is just an observation. Quite windy out, and light to moderate cement falling, starting to cake out of the east. Still quite a bit of snow, but visibility around a half-mile. Eyeballing the playground about 100 feet away, I would not doubt we're at around 5-6"

Man, still snow there...just as I had figured, sleet encountering resistance as it nears the pike.

31.3/30

Temp rise has slowed considerably...but still creeping...

Ever? This?

Changed to All Rain / FZR don't know of course but the pellets are gone. 6.5". 6-12 verified. Yip! Nice storm for 4 hours. Beautiful Fluff. Off to Tuesday and toorrow's sledding if the storm can shut off soon before the rain starts to hurt the snow.

Minus lake effect yes. Cleaned off a spot on my hood when it was heaviest and in ten minutes there was a little more than a half inch. Could just be the good snow growth helping too but that was very impressive

Oh man......pay off for staying up; looks as though the mix line is encountering a great deal of resistance, as we gear up for one last monster burst of heavier echoes....outside shot of double digits....

31.4/30....even evolved into the pasty, clingy wet snow that I so yearn for....perfect.

Temp is leveling....

Looks like things are wrapping up for the most part here as we have gone over to a snow/sleet mix.

Total accumulation in downtown Albany (at least in my neck of the woods) is at 10.5" 

Meanwhile the airport picked up around 12" of snowfall with 0.98" total precip.... and a snow/sleet mix continues. 

Seems the precip has back built a bit and still hanging on. The flakes are rimed here now...definitely fell through a shaky temp, but I haven't seen sleet. Up to 14.

Looks like things are wrapping up for the most part here as we have gone over to a snow/sleet mix.

Total accumulation in downtown Albany (at least in my neck of the woods) is at 10.5" 

Meanwhile the airport picked up around 12" of snowfall with 0.98" total precip.... and a snow/sleet mix continues. 

Archived