northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started talking to Forky when some of you guys were in diapers. I discuss almost every event with him. He's one of the best red taggers around in his knowledge and his ability to compare events to past events and no, not every event is March 93 or Jan 96 is unique. Events that I don't even know about or remember. First event with him was the Millenium Storm and he still brags about getting jackpotted while I almost missed the storm.

He gets a lot of cr@p from clueless posters.  I can take a few troll posts thrown in his mix.  It mainly seems to bother the real trolls.

His current avatar, OTOH, is hard to take.

Can you link te picture of the ensembles for me please if your not busy obviously

I'll be back for the 00z runs. Nice talking to fellas

Look at P007 in the lower left.  http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSPRS_18z/f192.html

And here is the frame before it.  http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ENSPRSNE_18z/f180.html

I try to stay somewhat level headed paul. I know that im a little wacky too :lol:

btw thanks for all you've been teaching me with this stuff this winter, really appreciated your input :clap:

I appreciate that. Everyone is entitled to one's own opinion just not one facts. I really like the board but today went so over the top I'm flummoxed

NJ.COM update on the cold pattern.

Spring delayed: Cold pattern expected to remain in place in NJ through March with Big Snow Storm Likely

The calendar may formally say spring later this week, but it appears winter’s chill will continue to hang on in New Jersey, at least through the end of the month with a late season historical snow storm likely(HECS).

Though the state may experience brief spells of warmth, long range forecasts show that renewed bouts with cold are expected to continue for the next four weeks with a big storm blowing in from the west coast.  

“It would not appear that winter is  not done yet,” said Dr. Heater El Nino, staff meteorologist-on-call at the National Weather Service’s Mount Holly office. “The overall pattern doesn’t show any signs of changing and it would be one where the majority of days are colder than normal. There’s really no signs of anything changing for the next 6 weeks".

The United States has been more-or-less locked in the same weather pattern all winter – one where a large ridge of high pressure remains entrenched in the west, conversely forming a trough in the east. That trough has allowed Arctic air to continue to spill into the region from New Jersey’s north, producing the seemingly never ending spells of bitter cold the state has dealt with for the last several months.

Temperatures are expected to rebound to the 50s by Thursday in New Jersey – the official start of spring -- but a cold front is once again expected to knock temperatures back into the 30s and 20s by the start of next week.

“It is almost unthinkable, but it appears that our old friend the Polar Vortex releases the extra cold air straight from the Arctic  again," said Pablo Snowsky , an extra special on-call- long-range forecaster with AccuWeather. "The cold outbreak looks to enter the North Central United States in two shots; one moves in this weekend, then a bigger  Polar Vortex blast will follow later next week." This one mean business. NYC looks be in for something special.

Though temperatures will gradually moderate as the calendar continues to turn, New Jersey can expect a cold start to spring until the country undergoes a major weather pattern shift, which, for now, is not on the horizon.

“Don’t put away the long-sleeve shirts and jackets just yet,” Snowsky said.  This winter is one for the weenies.

NJ.COM update on the cold pattern.

Spring delayed: Cold pattern expected to remain in place in NJ through March with Big Snow Storm Likely

The calendar may formally say spring later this week, but it appears winter’s chill will continue to hang on in New Jersey, at least through the end of the month with a late season historical snow storm likely(HECS).

Though the state may experience brief spells of warmth, long range forecasts show that renewed bouts with cold are expected to continue for the next four weeks with a big storm blowing in from the west coast.  

“It would not appear that winter is  not done yet,” said Dr. Heater El Nino, staff meteorologist-on-call at the National Weather Service’s Mount Holly office. “The overall pattern doesn’t show any signs of changing and it would be one where the majority of days are colder than normal. There’s really no signs of anything changing for the next 6 weeks".

The United States has been more-or-less locked in the same weather pattern all winter – one where a large ridge of high pressure remains entrenched in the west, conversely forming a trough in the east. That trough has allowed Arctic air to continue to spill into the region from New Jersey’s north, producing the seemingly never ending spells of bitter cold the state has dealt with for the last several months.

Temperatures are expected to rebound to the 50s by Thursday in New Jersey – the official start of spring -- but a cold front is once again expected to knock temperatures back into the 30s and 20s by the start of next week.

“It is almost unthinkable, but it appears that our old friend the Polar Vortex releases the extra cold air straight from the Arctic  again," said Pablo Snowsky , an extra special on-call- long-range forecaster with AccuWeather. "The cold outbreak looks to enter the North Central United States in two shots; one moves in this weekend, then a bigger  Polar Vortex blast will follow later next week." This one mean business. NYC looks be in for something special.

Though temperatures will gradually moderate as the calendar continues to turn, New Jersey can expect a cold start to spring until the country undergoes a major weather pattern shift, which, for now, is not on the horizon.

“Don’t put away the long-sleeve shirts and jackets just yet,” Snowsky said.  This winter is one for the weenies.

lol...what???

some car parts getting picked up from hydrographing

1009842_10203323295269435_382021780_n_zp

shot of my car at captree the other morning

beachshot_zps1ba064ce.jpg

and a shot from my photographer at the shop at night ;)

470930_322495047863883_428638175_o_zps20

this is my favorite hobby besides weather, fishing and bowling and love sharing what I do

Damn bro that's a nice car, I love lowered cars like that with those rims

Archived