joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to call BUST on the snowfall throughout a lot of the area. No models picked up the lack of precip during this time in the cold sector. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

That being said, the NWS did a good job on this storm with it's seemingly conservative estimates.

Time to call BUST on the snowfall throughout a lot of the area. No models picked up the lack of precip during this time in the cold sector. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

That being said, the NWS did a good job on this storm with it's seemingly conservative estimates.

The rain amounts down here are going to be pretty impressive.

The models cutting precip off more and more on the NW side of the storm kind of worried me, but it made me believe that the heaviest snow would therefore be be further southeast toward Altoona up to WIlliamsport, not that the storm would just collapse east. What a moron I was also for allowing Lucy to set up the ball for me again just for her to yank it at the last second. The central PA curse strikes again. :axe:

The models cutting precip off more and more on the NW side of the storm kind of worried me, but it made me believe that the heaviest snow would therefore be be further southeast toward Altoona up to WIlliamsport, not that the storm would just collapse east. What a moron I was also for allowing Lucy to set up the ball for me again just for her to yank it at the last second. The central PA curse strikes again. :axe:

As I said above, this is the first underperformer for UNV I can remember for a while. Two winters ago, the only reason UNV got 19" was pure luck, two snows that did well. Last year we did well enough to be near normal.

The rain amounts down here are going to be pretty impressive.

Holy **** look at radar for you!

we are going to change over right as tail end of precip gets here... yard/roads/etc very wet... up to .77" for the day so far... measured .25" at 7am this morning

Must have had a short burst of sleet sometime in the last 45 minutes. Went over to my in-laws a short time ago, and when I came out the cars had a bit of slush on the roofs. Of course it's flipped back to rain at the moment. As for total rainfall for the day, so far I'm at 0.48". Temp is 34.

Archived