Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
iCyclone Typhoon Chasing Expedition - Fall 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"10:45 pm. Hotel getting pounded. Glass door blew open and six workers couldn't shut it. It finally tore off its hinges and the staff had to just abandon the room. Then other doors blew open. Pandemonium. The wind is coming right off the ocean now, and water is flooding into other dining room. Constant rumbling and clanking sounds."

"10:45 pm. Hotel getting pounded. Glass door blew open and six workers couldn't shut it. It finally tore off its hinges and the staff had to just abandon the room. Then other doors blew open. Pandemonium. The wind is coming right off the ocean now, and water is flooding into other dining room. Constant rumbling and clanking sounds."

Amazing he still can text that out to FB, sounds crazy

What if the Wilpha track shifts towards a Japanese landfall?  Would you go for 4?

Or would something that latitude (near 35ºN)  be a let down after 3 red meat typhoons?

would be awesome.. Boso Peninsula in the Chiba Prefecture looks like the perfect place based on latest forecast tracks... after the storm, he can just then take the next direct flight out of RJAA...:lol:

What if the Wilpha track shifts towards a Japanese landfall?  Would you go for 4?

Or would something that latitude (near 35ºN)  be a let down after 3 red meat typhoons?

Looking more like the second question will be more relevant one, because the GFS/ECMWF have shifted west dramatically.

The WPAC has been on fire these few weeks. I've never really seen it like this.

Hey guys!

Josh and I are doing well in Baler, was a rough ride but a remarkably swift one, the main event only lasting about 3.5 hours. We luckily stumbled across the only source of light in town, thanks to the hotel having a massive generator. I ditched my usual fancy camera and went rogue with Josh into the storm :D

Archived