joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like every time I think the radar looks good...someone says they don't like the looks of it..LOL.so when I don't like the look of the radar I am always informed it will fill in...lol Well here is to now casting!! :popcorn:

*time sensitive*   I've always liked this radar shot.  http://www.atmos.washington.edu/~ovens/loops/wxloop.cgi?radar_us+/2h/   Remember that solid band of precip with all that green in it advancing north and east into IN?   Check it out now, weakening, spotty.  

Yep it is losing some steam. But nice to see it filling in to the southwest already.

no doubt it will fill back in...and no doubt we here in central OH should start seeing flakes in an hour or so...I'm just tempering expectations on how much actually falls tonight, and more importantly, how much turns to rain tomorrow.   I said 1-4" earlier and said it depended on how much we warm.  I think it's going to be closer to 1" and will likely fall mostly later tonight....lull....then possibly starting as rain or a quick change to rain mid to late morning tomorrow.   

Here's to a big plate of crow for me at tomorrow's dinner :drunk: .

I said it the last storm and I'll say it again... way too much pessimism considering the winter we've had so far.

my pessimism is strictly about this storm.... we've had an incredible pre-season and if it's any indication of the season to come...DAMN!!!! :snowman:

We've apparently had enough to shovel, as I'm hearing the neighbors start doing it...haven't been outside yet.to measure.    Btw, next weekend into xmas week looks insane with that baroclinic zone setting up.   Interesting times ahead.

my pessimism is strictly about this storm.... we've had an incredible pre-season and if it's any indication of the season to come...DAMN!!!! :snowman:

We've apparently had enough to shovel, as I'm hearing the neighbors start doing it...haven't been outside yet.to measure.    Btw, next weekend into xmas week looks insane with that baroclinic zone setting up.   Interesting times ahead.

Hope it's good..because by today if it rains good and definitely by Friday snow pak will be gone!!!

Still snow here, but not at KCMH.  Looking at the p-type radar, the rain line has not pushed any further north than Wilmington-Northern Ross County, but there is a very thin tongue from their that runs up the very eastern 1/3rd of Franklin County.  It's kind of weird but apparently very accurate.  We haven't had heavy returns for awhile, but it looks like some greens are finally moving in.  We'll see if the heavier rates can help keep/change things back to snow for awhile.  Had 2"-3" so far.

Yep, raining here in Westerville as well. Can't say I'm at all surprised. On to the next one!

I'm in Westerville, about 500ft from the Delaware county line and its still predominantly snow...albeit wet slushy flakes and some drops mixed in.   What's strange is the precip seems to weaken as it gets to about Columbus, as though it's hitting dry air, which really doesn't make sense.  Unless the radar isn't quite accurate

I'm in Westerville, about 500ft from the Delaware county line and its still predominantly snow...albeit wet slushy flakes and some drops mixed in.   What's strange is the precip seems to weaken as it gets to about Columbus, as though it's hitting dry air, which really doesn't make sense.  Unless the radar isn't quite accurate

Wow, that's weird. It's plain rain here in my area of Westerville which is just a bit south of you. I'm near the Buenos Aires exit of route 161.

Wow, that's weird. It's plain rain here in my area of Westerville which is just a bit south of you. I'm near the Buenos Aires exit of route 161.

it seems when it gets heavier, it goes to snow....when it lightens up it goes more rain.  Futile at this point...radar looks like we're all hanging on by our finger nails

it seems when it gets heavier, it goes to snow....when it lightens up it goes more rain.  Futile at this point...radar looks like we're all hanging on by our finger nails

Is it bad that I don't really care because I'm already excited about the enormous potential of the pre-Christmas storm?!

Is it bad that I don't really care because I'm already excited about the enormous potential of the pre-Christmas storm?!

yea, that's got some potential..  By the way, looks like the heavier rain in sw OH is switching to snow.  Wonder if the heavier returns will save us.   Still mostly flakes here

looks like the disturbances/clippers over the next couple days might put some pennies in our snow total piggy bank. GFS keeps getting a little more bullish with each run.

You're rattling cages over in the other thread suggesting the pre-Christmas storm could be anything other than an IL, IN, MI bomb, buckeye!

You're rattling cages over in the other thread suggesting the pre-Christmas storm could be anything other than an IL, IN, MI bomb, buckeye!

it's a jump ball right now.  I don't think a track thru northern Ohio is any more or less likely than a track thru southern KY at this point.....assuming there even ends up being something to track. lol 

I was just wondering who 'had to be convinced' not to buy a 168 hr euro....heck definitely not me, (and I'm one of the biggest weenies in these parts)

Is this really needed? As said in the other thread it is too early to be declaring where the storm will go. How many times have we been down this path with models showing one thing BEYOND day 5 and then something totally different by the time the system arrives no matter how many models showed it?  So far it has been a share the wealth kind of winter which is great as far as i am concerned. Only exception i suppose would be just to the nw of Chicago and or between Chicago and MSP. No need to get worked up about a system that is so far out. :)

Archived