Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy snow being reported now into parts of Rockland and westchester

It's snowing a little harder than it was earlier. Also hard to tell since the wind is blowing the snow around. That band is trying to make it north. I'm right at the edge of it. Hoping it can push on through.

Sun is poking through here.. Just a few flurries flying now lol..

Really? Wow

It got moderate here for a bit but it's light again now. Hopefully when the coastal organizes we still get something. If it consolidates down and we get no expansion we are jobbed.

Then we have to start rooting for that potential 10 day storm. Looks and sounds promising but a million things will change before then- that's for sure.

Northern edge of the band looks to be in Rockland/ Lower Westchester.. Its moving north but it still has a ways to go before it reaches Orange County.

Yeah was just watching the local news - they still think 4-6 once the storm moves up the coast - but said above 84 may get less than 4, if that much.

So close yet so far!

Yeah was just watching the local news - they still think 4-6 once the storm moves up the coast - but said above 84 may get less than 4, if that much.

So close yet so far!

I think it's going to be tough. The Humidity and dewpts. are dropping off. Last hour they were at 71% and 6. This hour 64% and 4 at KMGJ.

I haven't been posting on this storm, because I kind of feel like it is a repeat of the storm earlier this month.  Nothing has really interested me about this for my area, and from experience, I never do well when on the fringe of the precip shield, even if the models show 0.25" moisture... It just never works out with the dry air, or strong upper level winds, or whatever!!

Give me a system tracking inside of Benchmark, that is laden with moisture, where I am riding the 0 850 line, and the coast is rain, and I will get interested!

I haven't been posting on this storm, because I kind of feel like it is a repeat of the storm earlier this month.  Nothing has really interested me about this for my area, and from experience, I never do well when on the fringe of the precip shield, even if the models show 0.25" moisture... It just never works out with the dry air, or strong upper level winds, or whatever!!

Give me a system tracking inside of Benchmark, that is laden with moisture, where I am riding the 0 850 line, and the coast is rain, and I will get interested!

Thats what I'm talking about!! lol.. Ive been saying this for a long time. If all of LI and S NJ is all snow don't expect much here. We need something inside the benchmark. 

this thread is more forgiving than the others... so i'll say it here.  might be a weeniecast, but it looks like the stuff building in e pa is making a run more north than east... and that's going to deliver for us....

It's ok- you can get away with that in here lol

Truth.  Most of us here realize that it is what it is, no one is stomping their feet that someone else may be getting more snow.

Weenies are gonna be weenies.

I think it's going to be tough. The Humidity and dewpts. are dropping off. Last hour they were at 71% and 6. This hour 64% and 4 at KMGJ.

Yep, my gut feeling is that band moving up the HV hits a brick wall around I-84.  Dewpoint is 6 degrees at Danbury and -7 at Poughkeepsie.  So close, yet so far!  All too familiar feeling around here.

You couldn't have said it any better. I made a post similar to being on the "fringe" last night, NEXT... lol

Yep, my gut feeling is that band moving up the HV hits a brick wall around I-84.  Dewpoint is 6 degrees at Danbury and -7 at Poughkeepsie.  So close, yet so far!  All too familiar feeling around here.

To  your south at KHPN, the Humidity jumped up to 81% from 73% and the dewpt. bumped up to 8 from 7 the last hour. That area will do better.

Archived