Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

How much do you have there? 3" ?

3 inches is a good estimate. I will take measure prior to bed around 11:30 PM. Not even enough to use the snow blower.

Most likely around 0.15 QPF, well short of what every model indicated.

A good bust builds character :axe:

Seems every storm this year, something has gone wrong.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 inches is a good estimate. I will take measure prior to bed around 11:30 PM. Not even enough to use the snow blower.

Most likely around 0.15 QPF, well short of what every model indicated.

A good bust builds character :axe:

Seems every storm this year, something has gone wrong.

And yet most of us are still on pace to finish above average. Its def been a cold & snowy one..

It had MSV getting 3-4" on the 15z run.. I would surprised if Monticello received 3-4 snowflakes! lol..

I never had my hopes up for this one.  You nailed it with 1-3" for those of us on the fringes, though here we won't even end up with a dusting.  Gotta be happy for the NYC weenies and look forward to the next one up here.  On the bright side, my rink will be ready for skating tomorrow and the weather looks cold for at least 2-3 weeks or more.  :shiver:

Still snowing hard there? Wow.. Haven't seen a flake since 7pm lol..

Yeah- since around 5 it really picked up and it's been steady since. Plows came thru once already I think we are right at the edge in looking at the radar. It's better that nothing I guess lol

It's great to get a few inches now- but really sucks in comparison when you see how close the heavy band is. 30 or 40 miles more north and we would have all been in business up here.

What am I gonna do with all this bread and milk I bought in preparation for the storm

Add the milk to the hot chocolate you make when you go out in the cold to feed the birds the extra bread you have.  :whistle:  I'll be doing the same with my extras  :whistle:  I don't think I got 1/2" down IMBY. Oh well, on to the next event.

Those of us in central PA (at least above the southern tier) feel your pain, HV folks. Come on over to the PA/upstate NY forum, we have a complaint thread for all to vent!

Haha, we are used to disappointment around here!  Seems to be the theme for these coastal storms for the past few years.  I love your sig about the SREF's btw!!

About 3 inches here. Not even a nuisance snow for us suburban guys lol

But it is cold and windy out there- that's for sure.

I work in lyndhurst, nj - it will be very odd to commute south and see snowfall levels on the ground increasing.

It's supposed to be the reverse when you're driving upstate!

Archived