Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually getting a good steady lgt snow now.. Ground has whitened up again. We shall see :)

This weekend threat is legit but as always the pieces need to come together properly. Two opposing concerns to a warning level all snow event for us are: 1) The primary remains dominate to long and to far north and thus we get a push of warm air aloft though likely remain freezing at the surface thus a threat of a change to ice which I would expect to be more a sleet situation than freezing rain. 2) The secondary tracks to far to the S&E thus again leaving us (interior N&W folks mostly) on the NW edge once again and lacking the qpf for more than an advisory event. Not unusual concerns for us but ones to keep an eye on as the models try to narrow down to a more specific solution over the next several days. Btw nice snow fall currently as the last band moves thru. Should end up near or just below 3" here for today.

Hello all- we have some moderate snow falling here in my neck of the woods in Monroe.

We may be up to a whopping half inch now lol

But it looks nice at least. On the bright side it's not technically winter yet and we have seen some cold and flakes already. I can say that this has been one of the colder hunting seasons I can remember for me, in spite of a few milder days. And hopefully good things come to those who wait.

Perhaps the weekend will make all of us happy- time will tell. One good storm is all it would take to erase the 0-3 spell.

In the meantime I hope the holiday season finds everyone well!

I need to get out and finish some shopping now lol

Hello all- we have some moderate snow falling here in my neck of the woods in Monroe.

We may be up to a whopping half inch now lol

But it looks nice at least. On the bright side it's not technically winter yet and we have seen some cold and flakes already. I can say that this has been one of the colder hunting seasons I can remember for me, in spite of a few milder days. And hopefully good things come to those who wait.

Perhaps the weekend will make all of us happy- time will tell. One good storm is all it would take to erase the 0-3 spell.

In the meantime I hope the holiday season finds everyone well!

I need to get out and finish some shopping now lol

Glad to see you checking in again, all the best to you as well.

Guest Patrick

awesome outside right now...even better inside by the fire though.  haha.  moderate snow falling for the past hour with another band setting up... looks like we might hit the low side of 2" here in Subsidence County.  very nice with the christmas lights on...

awesome outside right now...even better inside by the fire though.  haha.  moderate snow falling for the past hour with another band setting up... looks like we might hit the low side of 2" here in Subsidence County.  very nice with the christmas lights on...

Yeah same here.. Better late then never I guess lol... Oh well off to work!

Sounds like todays 12z Euro delivers the goods with a solid warning criteria event with little to no mixing issues once just NW of the NYC area. This one definitely as the chance to deliver the first widespread significant snow fall for the region. Last few have delivered decent snows but generally only impacting a small portion of the area and leaving those furthest NW nearly high and dry. Legit chance that changes this weekend! Finger crossed and expectations being forced to remain reasonable. lol

Please please please let the weekend storm be snow and not snow to ice! But without a neg NAO or blocking, is that possible? The High to the north cant be too far east and the low on the coast needs to be strong enough and not too close to the coast...... sheesh.... so many conditions....., :). For an all out white gorilla, the needle will have to be threaded.

Please please please let the weekend storm be snow and not snow to ice! But without a neg NAO or blocking, is that possible? The High to the north cant be too far east and the low on the coast needs to be strong enough and not too close to the coast...... sheesh.... so many conditions....., :). For an all out white gorilla, the needle will have to be threaded.

Actually up here in the interior we want the low near the coast...  Fresh arctic air will be in place as well so that in itself will be a big plus. Its all gonna come down to how long the primary low in the ohio valley will hold on. If that transfer takes place near Pittsburgh instead of Buffalo then we will cash in. Quite a few Mets are high on this event. Cant really go by what they say in the NYC forum cause those ingredients they mention are for the coast. As you know living in the interior is a different animal. Hope that helped

I had 2.0 inches on the nose today. Those last two bands in my area of Nepa, really laid it down the last couple of hours here.  It wasn't much, but it looks beautiful out there. The ice from early Monday am, remains on the trees here, just beautiful with it being snow capped now!

Weekend event looking tasty folks! :)

Actually up here in the interior we want the low near the coast...  Fresh arctic air will be in place as well so that in itself will be a big plus. Its all gonna come down to how long the primary low in the ohio valley will hold on. If that transfer takes place near Pittsburgh instead of Buffalo then we will cash in. Quite a few Mets are high on this event. Cant really go by what they say in the NYC forum cause those ingredients they mention are for the coast. As you know living in the interior is a different animal. Hope that helped

Appreciate your thoughts. I wonder what factors aid in coastal transfer sooner vs later....obviously pressure, temperature contrasts, energy dynamics play into it, but is there a key atmospheric ingredient that has to be present?

Appreciate your thoughts. I wonder what factors aid in coastal transfer sooner vs later....obviously pressure, temperature contrasts, energy dynamics play into it, but is there a key atmospheric ingredient that has to be present?

We need a block in place... thats for sure but ill leave that question for a Met to answer.

Good afternoon fans,

It looks as if the active pattern is still going strong.

Decent winter storm seems likely on Saturday.

Most data suggest  we are buried with 3-6 inches of snow.

This looks to be the biggest event YTD for our forecast area.

Im hoping. Always scared of mid level warmth screwing up accumulations. It certainly won't rain up here.....gulp...I hope...

Archived