Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious to see the 12z runs of the NAM/GFS/RGEM..  Overnight trends was to flip areas along the coast faster to rain and ip/zr for us up here. Jersey obs will be important for us to monitor the progression of the mix line as we head into this evening.. 

Still think 8-12" is a pretty good bet especially since we are off to an early start..

Always nice to have a thread on a board to call home..... moderate snow here, expecting 10"

Got  a fresh new inch already.

Temp is 14F.

Going to be an interesting afternoon.

Hockey, Beer, Fire & Snow. Life is good on the ridge line.

Roads are snow covered and slick already.

I was spinning a little going up a few hills earlier.

Guest Patrick

Closing in on 2 here... definitely going to be interesting for sure.  agree about the beer fire and snow. 

heading out for some appraisal work to warren county... how slick are we talking?  usually the subaru handles the hills with no prob

Got  a fresh new inch already.

Temp is 14F.

Going to be an interesting afternoon.

Hockey, Beer, Fire & Snow. Life is good on the ridge line.

Roads are snow covered and slick already.

I was spinning a little going up a few hills earlier.

Its currently 21 / 18, light snow falling, ~1" of fresh powder down and expecting 5-8". On top of that it's Saturday, I have no where to be, the wood stove is cranking away and the house is decked out in Christmas decor. So what if I have to deal with a few hours of sleet later ... Its a perfect mid December Weekend!!! Enjoy All!!!

Its currently 21 / 18, light snow falling, ~1" of fresh powder down and expecting 5-8". On top of that it's Saturday, I have no where to be, the wood stove is cranking away and the house is decked out in Christmas decor. So what if I have to deal with a few hours of sleet later ... Its a perfect mid December Weekend!!! Enjoy All!!!

Sleet will keep the snow pack :loon:

Current SPC meso analysis shows a 1040 high just north of NY / VT! Low level cold solid down thru NY in NNJ / NE PA. Once south of about I-80 and definitely I-78 the dense cold has not quite penetrated. That may play a role later.

http://www.spc.noaa.....php?sector=16#

Just to clarify it is cold south of 80 & 78 just not as significantly cold as further north.

Good afternoon fans,

I must admit, I enjoy these types of storms.

Impressive temps changes from Cape May to High Point as of this post.

I have been locked in the mid teens all day.

Current temp 15F with light snow.

I measured 1.5 inches at 11:20 AM.

Next measure will be around 6 PM.

Going to be an interesting night watching ops.

Hoping we hit the 8-9 inch mark prior to the big warm push.

Cheers.

Good afternoon fans,

I must admit, I enjoy these types of storms.

Impressive temps changes from Cape May to High Point as of this post.

I have been locked in the mid teens all day.

Current temp 15F with light snow.

I measured 1.5 inches at 11:20 AM.

Next measure will be around 6 PM.

Going to be an interesting night watching ops.

Hoping we hit the 8-9 inch mark prior to the big warm push.

Cheers.

That mid level surge is very concerning... Plain rain is pretty much gonna be non existent  for us. I can see more of a sleet signature if we do flip..

I am impressed with this dense arctic airmass. I was sitting at 21 / 17 all day. In the past 2 hours or so with the arrival of the heavy precip my temp is down to 19 and even more impressive is my DP has also dropped to 15. If / when if warms aloft later we may have a more pronounced freezing rain threat than I expected a day or so ago. Both Upton and Mt Holly hitting that threat a little harder now with near or just over 0.25" of ice across parts of the NW zones.

Temp sitting at 13 and snow has picked up in intensity.  You guys think we warm up to around 32 (or above) by 09z as the models are suggesting?

As it looks now I do not think the surface freezing line makes it N&W of ~I-78 / I-287 up to the Tappen Zee Bridge. Aloft the 850s probably reach us all and at 925 will probably penetrate across parts of the NW zones thus creating a freezing rain situation. Will all depend on details of secondary surface track later along with development of (or not) closed 925 and 850 centers with secondary development.

Temp sitting at 13 and snow has picked up in intensity.  You guys think we warm up to around 32 (or above) by 09z as the models are suggesting?

Also in Poughkeepsie. Yes, snow has become steady and moderate with much more to go. Radar shows a solid shield of mod snow. We will get to 30F tomorrow morning, but not above Ascthe departing cyclone switches winds back to N and NW.

Not sure if anyone posted that fact that the NWS placed the blizzard word in their updated afternoon forecast.  Specifically for possible brief blizzard conditions with the heavy snow, blowing snow and poor visibilities this evening before the predicted change over here in parts of New York City.   The bases are covered in this wild and very challenging weather story.

Archived