joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - Discussion

Animal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know exactly to be honest but it should be around 450-475. How bout you snywx? Think you are higher part of Middletown?

Yeah I'm about 4 miles due west of the city of Middletown yet my mailing address is Middletown. The city itself is roughly 500-600'. Im at 850' on the nose with areas just to my west rising above 1000' to about 1300'.

Have trouble directly replying to posts on phone...synwx, what town are you exactly? Just started to hear ping of Sleet on rough here, so Datkstar it is only time for you

My town is Middletown... Middletown is huge.  If you are familiar with I-84 I'm about 1 mile north of I-84 Between exits 2 & 3

Have trouble directly replying to posts on phone...synwx, what town are you exactly? Just started to hear ping of Sleet on rough here, so Datkstar it is only time for you

good evening,

A cold rain is falling on the ridge line.

I would welcome some sleet!

Storm total rain  0.93 inches.

Local report from near Mt Pocono from brother - blizzard like conditions.

Best,

Matt

Guest Patrick

Hey Matt, look outside for me now... please. haha.  Snow mixing in now.  It has to be doing the same at your house... I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I'm not hallucinating. haha.

local tv radar shows snow over your area!

Guest Patrick

It's absolutely awesome outside right now... about 60% rain, 30% sleet, and 10% snow.  and it's heavy... this isn't a light mix... it's coming down hard man. I don't understand enough about this sport to comprehend how i am frozen over here.  You have a few hundred feet on me up there.

Rain Rain Go Away!.still the cool rain in HL

It's absolutely awesome outside right now... about 60% rain, 30% sleet, and 10% snow. and it's heavy... this isn't a light mix... it's coming down hard man. I don't understand enough about this sport to comprehend how i am frozen over here. You have a few hundred feet on me up there.

It might be because you're under heavier echoes so there's more dynamic and evaporational cooling from upward vertical motion and precipitation intensity.

This is the longest transition ever, don't let that mix line fool you. You will not go from rain to snow in an instant. I have been mainly sleet with a few flakes mixed in since 9 pm here in East Central Pike county. Temp is 31 degrees with a nice coating on the deck here at 1,230 feet.

Tomorrow morning I'm driving from Sussex NJto Hemlock Farms which is near the intersection of routes 84 and 739.  Are you close to that locaion?  I love Milford and the Lake Wallenpaupuck area.

Tomorrow morning I'm driving from Sussex NJto Hemlock Farms which is near the intersection of routes 84 and 739.  Are you close to that locaion?  I love Milford and the Lake Wallenpaupuck area.

I'm roughly 10 min south of Hemlock farms, I live right off of 739. I'm sure those higher ridges in Hemlock Farms at 1,500 to 1,600 feet have been snowing for at least an hr now.

I just changed over to mainly moderate snow now. That radar is zipping along though, hopeful of a few good hours of snow now!

I'm roughly 10 min south of Hemlock farms, I live right off of 739. I'm sure those higher ridges in Hemlock Farms at 1,500 to 1,600 feet have been snowing for at least an hr now.

I just changed over to mainly moderate snow now. That radar is zipping along though, hopeful of a few good hours of snow now!

Thanks for the update.  Good luck tonight!   I notice the elevation difference in your area  when I travel from the Delaware River in  Milford or Dingmans Falls and travel   North and West along route 739 or route 6.  Didn't realize Hemlock Farms had such a high elevation

Thanks for the update.  Good luck tonight!   I notice the elevation difference in your area  when I travel from the Delaware River in  Milford or Dingmans Falls and travel   North and West along route 739 or route 6.  Didn't realize Hemlock Farms had such a high elevation

Not a problem! Ohh yes, within a span of roughly 10-12 miles, elevations can go from as low as 400-500 feet along the Delaware river/Milford area, to as high as 1,500-1,600 feet heading north up 739. It's an awesome site during elevation snowstorms! You have some very nice ridges in Hemlock Farms, they get their fair shair of snow. Would not be surprised if they manage a low 60's seasonal average. Typically whenever I get snow, I know they easily have a few more inches than me. If you want to see some real beautiful elevations, head sw of Lake Wallenpaupack near Promise Land state park area, there is quite a few 1,800 to 2,100 foot ridge lines. Have you ever been to High Knob right off of 402 near Pecks Pond? If not, check it out next time on a clear day. When you leave the backside of Hemlock Farms, hang a left and go north on 402, you'll see a sign for it on the left. To the top of the ridge it's 2,050 feet. On a clear day, it's been said you can see the high peaks of the Catskills!

Starting to look like a good call....  Its been mixing since 9pm. Still haven't had a full transition yet

Same here, had a heavier burst of what I thought was a transition to snow, but it's back to mainly sleet.  The back edge is already in eastern Central Pa, i don't think I'll get much over an inch honestly when it does go over. This stuff is flying n.e and will be out of here in a few hrs.

Archived