• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July. High summer 2013-a humid and warm start. Is big heat lurking? Banter ok here.

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what causes that anyway? Sun is still up btw

That's why I put "post sunset" in quotes. As the sun lowers, the radiational cooling kicks in rapdily and the air tries to wetbulb for a brief time before everything falls overnight.

Well if long range ens and op models have a clue it's 1-2 days of lower dews Mon/Tues next week and they come right back up in moist s flow after that. Maybe no 90's but big dews will be with us for another month at least

Aoa on average through September is my call.

Aoa on average through September is my call.

I'd agree with that, and would prob add Oct/Nov/Dec to that as well. It seems if we have warm summer departures that those seem to linger for a while into the fall and early winter. Although you can always find examples to prove the opposite, it just seems like it would be too much good fortune to all the sudden flip below normal conviently in October, lol.

Plus there's always that background theme that it seems easier to get an AN month than it is to get a BN month in recent years.

KOWD is a massive rad site...its possible we could be getting the brief "post sunset" spike. It could also just be a funky reading.

I was thinking it was a mix of both, but 77F is awfully high especially when everything else is in the high 60s. It's back down to 75 now which is more reasonable, but still a tad high imho.

That's why I put "post sunset" in quotes. As the sun lowers, the radiational cooling kicks in rapdily and the air tries to wetbulb for a brief time before everything falls overnight.

We tend to get a big spike each evening being a decent RAD site...tonight for example the dew at 7pm was 60F, and at 8pm it was 67F as the temp started to plummet...we'll probably be like a even 70/70 by 9pm haha.

I tossed Bouchard after this winter. Take his snow forecasts and always add 5"-8" I learned. That aside, a forecast is a forecast so take it for what it's worth I guess.

That seemed to happen to a lot of people this winter though... many over-performing storms. 

Opposite of Kevin where you usually subtract 5-8", lol.

That seemed to happen to a lot of people this winter though... many over-performing storms. 

I agree with the over-performing storms, but just to get him on par with the other broadcast meteorologists I found adding 5"-8" did the trick.

Yeah, that KURO model tends to be bullish a lot of times. (Thank you Scott for informing me that the KURO is a wish-cast model rather than an actual model I have never heard of).

Well if long range ens and op models have a clue it's 1-2 days of lower dews Mon/Tues next week and they come right back up in moist s flow after that. Maybe no 90's but big dews will be with us for another month at least

As long as we are in a southerly/southwesterly flow in the llvls it's going to be quite humid

If bouchard went high totals were low, if he went low totals were high. It was a very very bad year for him. Alot of storms this year were difficult thou.

I agree with the over-performing storms, but just to get him on par with the other broadcast meteorologists I found adding 5"-8" did the trick.

Yeah, that KURO model tends to be bullish a lot of times. (Thank you Scott for informing me that the KURO is a wish-cast model rather than an actual model I have never heard of).

Wait...what??? I thought the KURO was the king? Along with the older KFS?

Archived