e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
General Thunderstorm Discussion: Late June

Quincy

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw those cells popping over the bay behind the outflow boundary. Kind of cool how all those cells from basically Essex county down to the Cape were driven by the outflow boundary. Witnessed a rare dusk development of a CB overhead last night.

yeah it was actually a little weird watching them develop to the S and SE behind the boundary like that. 

I don't tweet ... Not sure how I feel about tweeting.  I feel it curbs the literary form into something a bit dumbed-down, and instantly gratifying; thus, lesser depth in meaning continues to shallow the souls that compose modern society.  On the flip side, it's a tremendously useful resource for/when time of rapidity is required.  Tweeting emergency status', regardless of form, is a giant step forward in both community strength, but baser safety.  I suppose like all aspects of modern tech, the virtuosity boils down to what it is being used for, and for me, I do not at this time have any use for it. 

Btjm -   

I do have a FB, but mainly because I have 8 sisters spread out all over GL/MA/NE regions, with fams of their own. I was apprehensive about FB for many years.  Not to go too digressed, but I always sort of felt it to be a bit narcissistic and self-important.  Like, "Do I really need to know that you are standing in front of a mirror brushing your hair?"  But, I do not use it for that purpose, so again ...it boils down to how/what it is used for.  It's a good nexus for looking up old friend and keeping up tabs on fam members.  

I am wondering if we may miss a heat wave, officially, for a lot.   We are 4 to 5F behind yesterday at this time.  Convection yesterday appears to have ameliorated/processed the heat down some.  But it will be close... Interesting to see how it plays out.

I am wondering if we may miss a heat wave, officially, for a lot.   We are 4 to 5F behind yesterday at this time.  Convection yesterday appears to have ameliorated/processed the heat down some.  But it will be close... Interesting to see how it plays out.

BDL should get there...up to 87F

what were 850 temps at 12z yesterday for some SNE soundings or even Albany area? any idea?

right now 925's are 22-23 via SPC meso scale analysis and 850's are 17-18 over Central and Eastern New Eng.  a touch below 17 w of ct river valley down to DXR

BOS is 88..no doubt they'll hit 90.

what were 850 temps at 12z yesterday for some SNE soundings or even Albany area? any idea?

right now 925's are 22-23 via SPC meso scale analysis and 850's are 17-18 over Central and Eastern New Eng.  a touch below 17 w of ct river valley down to DXR

850mb temps have been relatively constant over the past 24 hours between about +16 and +18C. No major changes today. In fact, the wind direction is more southerly today than yesterday, which in my mind would favor slightly cooler temperatures. Also 1000-500mb thicknesses were noticeably lower this morning than yesterday morning.

I did not understand why some outlets were hitting mid/upper 90's today. Very little support for that. 

really? it's already near 90F in lots of spots. 

oh yeah i know it's running a few degrees cooler - but i don't think that's going to prevent widespread low 90s. 

True, a lot of places should still crack 90, but some who thought they'd safely reach heat wave criteria won't get out of the upper 80's.

Archived