• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chicago Area Weather History

Chicago Storm

So...Back in late 2011 I had an idea and started a project. This project would consist of the development of a website that would act as an archive for significant weather events of all types that have occured in the LOT CWA. Closing in on two years later, I'm only about half done with the site. So I have decided that instead of waiting until I'm totally finished (Probably won't be until early '14), that I'd just put out what I have done and continue to add to it as time allows.

So with that said, below is a link to the site. Current completed event types include: tornado events, large hail events and ice events. I am currently working on severe wind events...and should be finished before too long. Extreme heat events will be next in line...Followed by snow/blizzard events and extreme cold events.

Each event type has it's own page, which has a list of specific dated events and the criteria I used in order for a specific event to be added. Each specific event has it's own dedicated page, which features soundings, UA maps, reports and radar images/loops.

http://chicagoareawxhistory.weebly.com/index.html

Great stuff man, really excellent work. Just curious, any plans to add the 11/22/10 Caledonia tornado?

Sent from my SCH-I535  2

That event page along with 6 others won't post for some reason. I'll probably end up re-doing each page.

They should be up by next week. Severe wind events should be done by the end of next week too.

Archived