• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2013 General Discussion/Obs

wisconsinwx

Currently 47 and only made it to 52 today.

Tomorrow, NAM forecast sounding shows mixing of 20C 1km temps to the surface, which would mean low-mid 80's at the surface. A light lake influence may prevent that though. On the other hand we have the GFS not even getting us out of the 60's...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to marry today's weather.

Played 27 holes of golf in just glorious, perfect conditions. Course was in good shape, but the rough was a tad lush

Probably should stay out of it if it's that lush. ;)

The wind actually made it feel kind of cool for my liking. Tomorrow sounds like the perfect day for me, starting off in the mid 40's, then jumping up to the upper 70's. Anything below 80 is comfortable to me. Wednesday on the other hand........

Had to close the windows earlier this afternoon and now the wind chill is 38 degrees in the tropics..  Probably snowing in La Crosse.

Looking forward to the temps near 80 for a couple days after the last 4 days of March like.

Solid extended..  sure beats the usual cold rain we've had.

FRIDAY  PARTLY SUNNY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S.    FRIDAY NIGHT  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S.    SATURDAY  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS AROUND 70.    SATURDAY NIGHT  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 50S.    SUNDAY  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S.    SUNDAY NIGHT  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 50S.    MONDAY  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S.     

Probably should stay out of it if it's that lush. ;)

The wind actually made it feel kind of cool for my liking. Tomorrow sounds like the perfect day for me, stating off in the mid 40's, then jumping up to the upper 70's. Anything below 80 is comfortable to me. Wednesday on the other hand........

Tight fairways.  :whistle: :D 

Course I played is fairly sheltered, so any wind wasn't a big deal...for the most part. Sun made it feel a little warmer too. But you know me, I'm a cool weather lover. 

Currently 47 and only made it to 52 today.

Tomorrow, NAM forecast sounding shows mixing of 20C 1km temps to the surface, which would mean low-mid 80's at the surface. A light lake influence may prevent that though. On the other hand we have the GFS not even getting us out of the 60's...

I think mid 70s for most of the Milwaukee metro is the way to go, a compromise with a slight nod to the NAM (the GFS may be hanging too much cloud cover/moisture in the area).  For Racine, the inland areas of the county could hit 80 easily, maybe even the lakeshore areas.

Had to close the windows earlier this afternoon and now the wind chill is 38 degrees in the tropics..  Probably snowing in La Crosse.

Looking forward to the temps near 80 for a couple days after the last 4 days of March like.

Solid extended..  sure beats the usual cold rain we've had.

FRIDAY  PARTLY SUNNY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S.    FRIDAY NIGHT  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S.    SATURDAY  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS AROUND 70.    SATURDAY NIGHT  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 50S.    SUNDAY  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 70S.    SUNDAY NIGHT  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN  SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE MID 50S.    MONDAY  MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS  AND THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S.     

Yeah, we'll see, hopefully a few t'storm laden MCS' in the area during that time.

Hoosier doesn't have to worry about posting the NAM and RAP temp maps, they are being posted for him by proxy. He'll never make 50 at this rate (for purposes of Tim's contest).

It is going to be quite toasty in the western part of our subforum though. Even way out east (here), our p-n-c is now up to 80.

Looks like rain too...  Possible huge fail here today...

NWS Fail too:

FOR TODAY...WILL SEE THAT WARM FRONT JUST EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI
RIVER PUSH EAST ACROSS THE REST OF THE AREA BY LATER THIS MORNING.
WILL HAVE TO WATCH THAT MCS UPSTREAM THIS MORNING...BUT FAIRLY
CONFIDENT IT WILL STAY NORTH OF THE AREA OVER NORTHERN MN/UPPER
MICHIGAN GIVEN THE MOISTURE TRANSPORT/CORFIDI VECTORS.

Looks to be moving fast, rain looks to be drying up...still though...might be one of those situations where we just jump really warm, for a short period of time...  oh well...really don't need/want that warm air...currently 88F in Sioux Falls...  ouchy..75F here.

87F here now.  Sunny, breezy. Not a cloud to be seen.

Hard to believe that we had a Frost Advisory around 30 hours ago, and now we are almost 90F.  We went from 53 this morning, to 87 this afternoon, 34 degrees in 12 hours or so....

Archived