Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Cicada Madness 2013 - Track the 17 Year Cycle and Return of Brood II

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sound was very loud when I played golf two weeks ago up in Garrison Mt. Got buzzed by one. Have yet to see one yet or hear anything in NJ.

The sound was deafening driving through Colonia yesterday. Someone told me about it but I didn't believe them. They were loud when I was in Scotch Plains but nothing like this. Anyone in that area take a drive down New Dover Road. The strange part is you hear/see nothing and then all of a sudden there is a swarm of them smashing into the windshield and then after about a mile or so they are gone again.

None in my neighborhood but there's a lot in the Martinsville area on the north side of Bridgewater.  Went there on Sunday and the noise was very loud.  Also went to Scotch Plains to see them a couple weekends ago and there were a lot of them, including many dead ones on the streets.  I even saw a bird eat one, and I saw two mating.  Also driving on 78 a couple weekends ago they were everywhere, including several that hit the windshield.  Seems that the 78 corridor from Martinsville eastward into Berkeley Heights, Summit, Scotch Plains, and Westfield was at least one of the jackpot areas in NJ.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Patrick

Annuals came out all the way up here in the mountains.....I guess a string of 90+ days will do that.

Archived