• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Forgotten June 1 G2G

TalcottWx

Last g2g was pretty successful. Had a good time at Funky's in ORH. Hoping to have another in a little nicer wx.

Just speculating interest in this time period. Was thinking maybe somewhere a little closer for cape people? Charlie Horse in Bridgewater is a pretty large place. Not far off 495. There isn't really any major areas in SE Ma that are like PVD, ORH. Some of the bigger areas are a little rough, like Brockton. Hate to go too far SE and lose out on western people. It is a half hour shorter ride to PVD from HYA than HYA to ORH. That makes the ride a little longer for other people though too. The weekends that stand out to me are June 1st, and June 8th. This is well ahead of time, and will leave people enough time to plan to make a trip if they would like to. I think location and travel is the primary concern in terms of planning. Hasn't been a BOS one in a couple years, but I'm not biased towards having it close to home, I'm open to travel.

So June 1st/June 8th, any comments/concerns? Very open to suggestions.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Providence could be good, it's fairly central and easy access to major highways. It's probably close to 2 hours away for some of us in western Conn., but if we held a G2G here it would be the same, if not longer for you guys in eastern Mass.!

Providence could be good, it's fairly central and easy access to major highways. It's probably close to 2 hours away for some of us in western Conn., but if we held a G2G here it would be the same, if not longer for you guys in eastern Mass.!

Agreed good choice, or Foxwoods

Providence is actually better for the south shore/Cape gang vs Wooostah.  Lots of fun bars too.

I'd still enjoy a Foxwoods or Mohegan GtG too even though it's a long ride.  It's a destination, something different.

Charlie Horse...meh.  Plymouth would be great too but too hit or miss until later June/July weatherwise.  The nice thing about Plymouth is you can hit 10 or 15 bars without ever getting back into a cab or car. 

Providence is actually better for the south shore/Cape gang vs Wooostah.  Lots of fun bars too.

I'd still enjoy a Foxwoods or Mohegan GtG too even though it's a long ride.  It's a destination, something different.

Charlie Horse...meh.  Plymouth would be great too but too hit or miss until later June/July weatherwise.  The nice thing about Plymouth is you can hit 10 or 15 bars without ever getting back into a cab or car. 

It won't matter where it happens because you won't be there.

It won't matter where it happens because you won't be there.

Worcester wasn't high on my destination tree.

Foxwoods/Mohegan, Patriot Place, Providence....all fun.

Patriot Place has a good mix of nice places (Davios) and dive bars.  Toby Keith's is a ton of fun but Kevin may be disappointed by all the knockouts in daisy dukes and cutoff shirts and they don't serve Knickerbocker beer in mason jars.

knickerbocker_beer_1955.jpg

Archived