Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
March Medium Range Discussion

nzucker

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a chance that this storm is too early; meaning, that this one won't actually be the end of the season snowstorm threat. That might be a few days later, as the PAC pattern will be better by then. An elongated PV is good, but when it's too far north, it does leave room for a storm to cut.

Of course, things can still change with this look; bring the block a bit to the south and it's game on again. But we are not at the point anymore where the storm has to go to our south, based on the current modeling data. 

There's a chance that this storm is too early; meaning, that this one won't actually be the end of the season snowstorm threat. That might be a few days later, as the PAC pattern will be better by then. An elongated PV is good, but when it's too far north, it does leave room for a storm to cut.

Of course, things can still change with this look; bring the block a bit to the south and it's game on again. But we are not at the point anymore where the storm has to go to our south, based on the current modeling data. 

yeah, we need a more west based nao for this not to cut, hold that pv in for a while longer..Good thing we are at that range where we can still get massive changes

I've seen Lonnie give exact predictions for storms a week away a few times this winter. One of the times, he gave a 1 to 3 inch snow prediction for a storm 7 days away. Weather on channel 2 is a complete and utter joke. He knows little about the weather, but his weather producer is trying to make him seem like a superhero by feeding him these ridiculous specific predictions for storms a week away. Tune in to channel 2 weather, if you want to have a laugh. If you want to watch a good met, watch Lee Goldberg on channel 7.

He is a joke, however his early prediction last week was correct.

Now it just looks like the next week plus will feature a lot of chilly rain with temps mostly in the low to mid 40s, which sucks.

I would gladly take 60 and sunny, but all this blocking pattern does is make early spring miserable. The blocking has backed off somewhat so I'm not surprised the storm next week cuts.

Now it just looks like the next week plus will feature a lot of chilly rain with temps mostly in the low to mid 40s, which sucks.

I would gladly take 60 and sunny, but all this blocking pattern does is make early spring miserable. The blocking has backed off somewhat so I'm not surprised the storm next week cuts.

it's way too early to be throwing in the towel. A solid advisory level event is not out of the question for the over running event. The models will likely go back and forth with the strength and positioning of the block over SE Canada which will have a large influince on the eventual track of the main surface low. Also, a secondary which cuts off just to our east is not out of the question. I'm not sure what the 00z Euro ensembles had but that's what the 12z Euro ensembles had. The individual 6z GEFS ensemble members had plenty of spread with the over running event with several members tracking right over us and some to our north and to our south. Some with all out blizzards for interior New England.

it's way too early to be throwing in the towel. A solid advisory level event is not out of the question for the over running event. The models will likely go back and forth with the strength and positioning of the block over SE Canada which will have a large influince on the eventual track of the main surface low. Also, a secondary which cuts off just to our east is not out of the question. I'm not sure what the 00z Euro ensembles had but that's what the 12z Euro ensembles had. The individual 6z GEFS ensemble members had plenty of spread with the over running event with several members tracking right over us and some to our north and to our south. Some with all out blizzards for interior New England.

It's very early to make definitive conclusions but we would certainly need a strong, west-based block and favorable MJO pulse to have a shot here this late in the season. If it lessens at all or the SE ridge is too assertive, as the Euro has suggested in the last couple of runs, odds would favor interior and northern regions much more. We need a good collusion of events to really be in this.

Also looks like the pattern after is much more surpressed/cold than prior runs, but to early to tell if it makes any difference with the storm for next week

Also looks like the pattern after is much more surpressed/cold than prior runs, but to early to tell if it makes any difference with the storm for next week

Yeah its def a great look going foward. Pv in a great spot...

My untrained eye likes the GFS look for the big storm much better through 120, just a hunch, we see a much better result from the big one coming up in a few panels. If it tries to cut it with the colder, more supressed look, that doesn't make sense.

not sure if we see 2-4" for the city, 2" is a possibility and on this GFS probably the high end, nowhere is above .25" liquid and ratios should be 10:1.

-skisheep

Archived