joxey
March Medium Range Discussion

nzucker

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a: I never use model snow maps

b: that map includes today's snow

agree 100 % - especially this time of year - just look what happened today - models had accumulation of an inch or 2 but that is basically not taking into account melting which happened with just about 100 % of the snow in the immediate NYC suburbs

http://68.226.77.253/text/MESOSFC/NAM_Knyc.txt

That would be totally awsome, I was expecting a slushy inch from this 48 hours ago, so to get another suprise would really make this winter for me. I doubt it's all snow, but I think the possiblity of a warning event can't be ruled out after this EURO.

-skisheep

Sheep.. whats up with the Upton 3:56pm discussion update?  Going with a CMC/GFS blend?   No mention of the ECM?  few tenths inch of snow in parts of the metro area?  How can they dismiss what the Euro is showing so easily?  And why favor the Goofus over it?  Consider that the new BOX discussion is weighting the Euro most heavily.

It's crazy how cold that storm in on the GFS at 186 hours...looks like snow well into South-Central VA as well as the mountains of NC on March 24th...average highs in RIC at that point are pushing 60F, and even up here averages are closing in on 55F. That would be an epic crushing for so late in the season..

Archived