• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
When will OPM announce the closing?

Ian

I think we will fewer and fewer closures moving forward. The push to mobilize the workforce is moving full steam ahead. At my office, those of us with a securid have to login to telework even if it is closed.

Probably but I don't think we are there yet. They gave us a delay for drizzle earlier in the winter. I guess this might be a test..

I think we will fewer and fewer closures moving forward. The push to mobilize the workforce is moving full steam ahead. At my office, those of us with a securid have to login to telework even if it is closed.

Same here...it's the payback for allowing us to telework three days per pay pd. I've got some big stuff going on and am ready to work from home.....between obs postings.

:snowing:

I'll call a course reversal.  Announce liberal leave tonight (say, 10:30), then switch to closure at 5:30 am. 

I think you may be on to something --OPM has embarrassed itself the last two years with premature delayed arrival policies. However, I think they may announce liberal leave in time for the 10 P.M. news and then throw in the towel around 4:30 A.M. tomorrow.

Predict here:

Liberal leave is all they should grant. Remember, we have a major federal budget problem, no reason to pay employees for not working. Make them use their vacation time. Horrible PR move to close with the mess the government has people in right now.

Granted, maybe it will bust and at 4 am things will be much clearer.. but they made their announcement in the middle of numerous sources upping the ante. Silly.

Granted, maybe it will bust and at 4 am things will be much clearer.. but they made their announcement in the middle of numerous sources upping the ante. Silly.

No, it's not silly.  Last time they told everyone to not report until noon, and all it did was rain.  It would be silly for them to make that same mistake again and give 1/2 day leave to 300K people because it's wet outside.  We can all wait until tomorrow morning.

No, it's not silly.  Last time they told everyone to not report until noon, and all it did was rain.  It would be silly for them to make that same mistake again and give 1/2 day leave to 300K people because it's wet outside.  We can all wait until tomorrow morning.

It doesn't really matter in the end probably but still, with the main gov agencies predicting a major snowstorm prior to 11p news cycle.. they probably believe the Europeans are the only ones who can just forecast like everyone else. At least we see gov doing some work.

Archived