Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for the NWS,.If the insurance company is cutting benefits to a homeowner  because they say Sandy was a tropical storm and not a hurricane, what recourse do they have? What should they do?

We take many calls about that. Best advice is to go online and gather all of the NHC products on Sandy off the web and show them to the insurance company.

We take many calls about that. Best advice is to go online and gather all of the NHC products on Sandy off the web and show them to the insurance company.

When I looked up the actual text I can see how the insurance companies are screwing the NJ residents

However, the hurricane moved over much 
cooler waters and into a cold air mass located over the eastern United States and northwestern 
Atlantic Ocean. These factors contributed to the system’s weakening and hastened its loss of 
tropical characteristics. Surface, reconnaissance, and satellite data, discussed further in section b 
below, suggest that Sandy became extratropical4
 by 2100 UTC 29 October while the center of 
 The primary distinction between tropical and extratropical cyclones is their energy source. Tropical cyclones 
derive their energy predominantly from the release of latent heat of condensation relatively close to the center, while 4
circulation was about 45 n mi southeast of Atlantic City. The center of Post-tropical Cyclone 
Sandy5
 then made landfall at about 2330 UTC near Brigantine, New Jersey, just to the northeast 
of Atlantic City, with an estimated intensity of 70 kt and a minimum pressure of 945 mb

Why doesn't it fail in the winter when it shows no/little snow while the other are going nuts?

Heat appears to be short lived which I can handle. It's the 7-10+ days 95/humid periods w/no end in sight that are depressing...

If accompanied by a few heavy thunderstorms, the scenario you describe sounds awesome to me.

If accompanied by a few heavy thunderstorms, the scenario you describe sounds awesome to me.

Cooler/Drier > Hot/Humid (no matter what)

Although I enjoy the "chance" of a good/severe T-Storm it still doesn't cancel out the hell of long hot/humid days/nights in my book.

My ideal summer would be a perfect mix of heat and cooler wx. 2-3 days of 80s/90s, severe storms, then a couple days of 70s, back to the 80s/90s, and continue for 3 months.

Unless I'm mistaken, its very hard to get a high in the 70s during mid-summer across the low elevations inland unless its cloudy. 

Archived