Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My high dew point here in Monmouth was 73F.

Right now it's 85/71. High of 85 today. DVP2 is very accurate with temps and dew points IMO.

Its alright but has a known dew point bias.  Some units are worse than others.  Case in point:  TTN ASOS topped out with 69 Td; parents' Davis hit 74.5...  http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNJEWING4

Also grrrr about that high of 85.6 when the ASOS only hit 83.  I think I may just try a different unit and hope it works better.  (and send the current one back to Davis for a refurbishment).

Temp maybe.  Dewpoint, definitely not.  My parent's station runs too wet with dew point (I think I may have to bite the bullet and replace it) and it only got up to 74.5

I live in W Windsor just across from the canal.  Always feels cooler than in Princeton on, say, Nassau Street when I commute.  I am best off checking the W Windsor page rather than the Princeton one.  

As for the dewpoint this AM, the 80 reading occurred when the wind was calm.   I'll be checking the dew point more at least until I get a new AC!.

I live in W Windsor just across from the canal.  Always feels cooler than in Princeton on, say, Nassau Street when I commute.  I am best off checking the W Windsor page rather than the Princeton one.  

As for the dewpoint this AM, the 80 reading occurred when the wind was calm.   I'll be checking the dew point more at least until I get a new AC!.

Well, my parents live next to a wooded area with a stream.  80 still doesn't make sense.

our last encounter was 2005, it was insane. 

I thought it was 2004...Brood X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brood_X

From what I have read, areas that experienced Brood X are not likely to also experience a different one (i.e. this year's Brood II emergence).

My neighborhood had a huge population of cicadas in 2004, so I wouldn't expect to see something similar this year.

I thought it was 2004...Brood X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brood_X

From what I have read, areas that experienced Brood X are not likely to also experience a different one (i.e. this year's Brood II emergence).

My neighborhood had a huge population of cicadas in 2004, so I wouldn't expect to see something similar this year.

hmmm yup, my bad, just moved to qtown in july then bam!

KNJPRINC5  has /80 dewpoint again.  It's humid, but that is definitely too high.

file://localhost/Users/jamesherbert/Desktop/answer-boy.gif

Parents peaked at 75.9 but they're down to 71.4 right now.  TTN only got up to 72; 67 at present.

Archived