joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Winter Storm March 6-7

NEG NAO

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is north, drives the primary into OH, although still redevelops a secondary in NC/VA, prob would have some precip in the area based off the model run.

I'm not one to extrapolate an 18z nam run but it's the last threat of the season so why not...I have a hard time believing the amount of intense vorticity heading towards the coast on this run would be stopped by a puny area of confluence. I'd say this would definitely bring heavy precip into our area...similar to the GGEM. Whether that heavy precip would be snow is a different story, but Mount Zucker would probably do pretty good 

I'm not one to extrapolate an 18z nam run but it's the last threat of the season so why not...I have a hard time believing the amount of intense vorticity heading towards the coast on this run would be stopped by a puny area of confluence. I'd say this would definitely bring heavy precip into our area...similar to the GGEM. Whether that heavy precip would be snow is a different story, but Mount Zucker would probably do pretty good 

Euro ensembles reload the west coast ridge and nao block by mid-March. I wouldn't say this is the last event of the season.

Depending on the mjo also, I can see a big coastal showing up in the March 18-24 period.

Euro ensembles reload the west coast ridge and nao block by mid-March. I wouldn't say this is the last event of the season. Depending on the mjo also, I can see a big coastal showing up in the March 18-24 period.

I can see the pattern becoming colder with blocking again by by mid-March with the euro ensembles bringing  the MJO

into the COD as of the latest run. 

Euro ensembles reload the west coast ridge and nao block by mid-March. I wouldn't say this is the last event of the season.Depending on the mjo also, I can see a big coastal showing up in the March 18-24 period.

I think there will be a warm period March 10-13 followed by a colder stretch in the March 15-25 time frame...that's still early enough for the coast to get a decent snowfall if the western ridge redevelops as some models show.

Looks like a solid MECS for DC...NYC gets a few inches. Temperatures look cold enough.

North trend kicking in folks. We knew this probably wouldn't remain a southern VA threat. It's gone from a NC threat to a RIC/ORF threat to a DC/BWI/PHL threat in the last few runs. I think NYC is on the edge of a major snowfall. Temperatures look a lot better too on the 18z GFS as the high pressure really holds the cold air in and the dynamics are stronger further north because of the track. Much better look. 

Looks like a solid MECS for DC...NYC gets a few inches. Temperatures look cold enough.

North trend kicking in folks. We knew this probably wouldn't remain a southern VA threat. It's gone from a NC threat to a RIC/ORF threat to a DC/BWI/PHL threat in the last few runs. I think NYC is on the edge of a major snowfall. Temperatures look a lot better too on the 18z GFS as the high pressure really holds the cold air in and the dynamics are stronger further north because of the track. Much better look.

. DC gets clobbered i mean wow! I have too look at the snowfall maps! Will be very very telling of wheather this was a trend or not depending on the ensembles

Archived