• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
February 25-27 Winter Storm Part 4

wisconsinwx

Plain rain at Queens Park area downtown area as well.

Maybe was 1/2 inch on ground between 10-11 pm now even less.

Those 45 dbz on radar must had been from ice pellets.

Wonder  if my call of 3 inch of slush couple of days ago will even verify.....

After 40 years of paying close attention to weather you get a 'gut feeling'

My best guess for this bust is that during the transfer of energy from the primary low to the secondary low, enough warm air from the Atlantic was flowed into the circulation and that was enough to screw up the snowy model predictions.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually had an additional 1.1" on the board. Like Hal said, could have been more that fell overnight given the melting going on but I doubt much more. Storm total 3.1" but this is the ugliest ~3" you'll ever see. It's like watered down clam chowder and white chunk vomit.

Very accurate description of the snow for here as well. Seems like all of us with a body of water right to our east had the same result., Sounds like they have the very scenic stuff in SW MI over to S WI. Im kinda pissed because I was hoping to get a plaster as well but that did not happen (powder still beats wet snow BY A MILE for me). Its just waterlogged slush here. had more snow/rain overnight. Going with storm total 1.19" precip, 2.2" snow (like 4-1 ratio). Sounds like the biggest bust though was in Toronto.

Actually had an additional 1.1" on the board. Like Hal said, could have been more that fell overnight given the melting going on but I doubt much more. Storm total 3.1" but this is the ugliest ~3" you'll ever see. It's like watered down clam chowder and white chunk vomit.

Have about 2 cm of slop accumulation here around Queens Park in T.O.

Wondered if my call for 3 inch of slush would even verify.....

40 yrs of weather watching gave me 'gut feeling' here.

These calls yesterday of 8-15 inches of snow well...... :lmao:

Very accurate description of the snow for here as well. Seems like all of us with a body of water right to our east had the same result., Sounds like they have the very scenic stuff in SW MI over to S WI. Im kinda pissed because I was hoping to get a plaster as well but that did not happen (powder still beats wet snow BY A MILE for me). Its just waterlogged slush here. had more snow/rain overnight. Going with storm total 1.19" precip, 2.2" snow (like 4-1 ratio). Sounds like the biggest bust though was in Toronto.

mke

Archived