joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
blizzard of 2013 discussion

forkyfork

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously at 27 thats 3-4in hr rates. prob thundersnow too.

That's why I seriously think that the heaviest overall amounts from this in the end may be people that actually have the period of slop or rain if this banding verifies. It just maxes out at the perfect point for the city on east and north. Not to say that western areas don't also get slammed but eastern areas would catch up VERY fast.

Yep...excuse the negativity earlier on. Taken verbatim, it IS rain as it gets going though. I don't buy the NAM for two reasons though. 1) I don't think it gets that far west to get much of any rain in the mix for us 2) therefore, the heaviest banding will not be over NYC....but as the trend IS even further west...I'm loving the start to 00z runs :)

Haha I love this...c'mon guys....it's moments like this with the model runs, the negativity and bickering/banter, etc etc that make this so much fun. We don't come in here to report 100% accurate depictions of model runs, but merely the emotional interpretations of them. The met's insight is always appreciated when received

Archived