joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
blizzard of 2013 discussion

forkyfork

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Srefs kinda look to me like they went east a bit and not as amped up. I know I know, still good....but towards the lower end of what everyone is thinking.

My expectation are this is gonna be a slightly east event of what 12/19/09 was maybe by 30 miles...that pretty much puts NYC metro in amounts around 7-10 inches and the amounts of 12-14+ mainly Suffolk county. We'll see, sometimes these CCBs are a bit west of where they are modeled but I think that there will be some modestly annoyed folk in here tomorrow night as Islip is being plastered and LGA/JFK are doing well but not necessarily going 3 inches an hour.

Thank you....someone that is able to relax for a second and avoid getting sucked into the most extreme model runs lol. However, I actually think that NYC and nearby NE NJ is in the 11-14 range....which is still east of the crazy amounts. I haven't been downplaying the event, just simply stating that I feel model guidance will shift east (especially Nam and Euro) at 00z

I have a question about the srefs, perhaps someone has an answer.  Why do the qpf gridlines not match the qpf colors?  Like the latest sref has nyc on the 2 inch line but the color is only that if 1-1.5

I'm reading the qpf off the stormvista maps. What is available from the NCEP is a little different and the result is it appears to have different qpf

I'm reading the qpf off the stormvista maps. What is available from the NCEP is a little different and the result is it appears to have different qpf

but i mean even on the ncep map, it has a large area of 2+ off the coast of nj and just touching nyc, but on the color key even 1.5+ is orange and theres not a spot of orange on the map, just dark blues

agreed... Him and dosh all day downplaying everything and honestly not even providing sound meteorologic analysis.

Please dont bring personal beefs into the discussion thread. Sorry Ive been skeptical, but since 12z today Ive been quite pumped for this storm

Archived