joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8th Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting Ultra nervous about this. Probably because my Snowstorm senses are tingling HARD. Anyway, I love the potential for this event. Could make history if everything goes well.

Don't sweat it man, it's only snow. I think we will do just fine. We may not see 20-30"+ plus but I think we get at least a solid warning level snow for sure.

This is coming on the 3 year anniversary of the worst storm (non-storm) I can remember when DC / BALT / PHL  /S NJ got crushed (1-2') and we got  NOTHING. If the same thing happens only this time a miss to the north on the same day (Feb 7/8) that would suck.

There's definitely going to be a zone somewhere where people get very little 50 miles away from where people get slammed. That's just the nature of miller B's that develop late. The NAM is just off its rocker though.

Not saying it couldn't happen but the nam is super bonkers with 3-5' of snow over the boston area, but it has made huge steps in the right direction. Is the QPF overdone? Yeah but even if you cut that in half boston is still getting 18+. It will be telling what the gfs does in a couple mins, we down here in the nyc region are so close.

Looking at that sharp west to east precip gradient on the NAM, the question might be has there ever been 2 feet of snow in Montauk and no snow in Central Park?  I guess it's possible - moving down the I-95 corridor, that 2/5/10 storm had 0" in Central Park, 1/2" in Newark, 1" in Elizabeth, 4" in Rahway, 6" in Metuchen, 8" in New Brunswick, 13" in Trenton, 19" in Mount Holly, and 28" in Philly!  90 miles from 0 to 28" and it's about 90 miles from CPK to the east end of LI.  That would suck.

Archived