• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
BANTER THREAD : "It's 4th a goal down by 5, 1 second left" "Ray good thing you didn't come home"

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what punt on are you on? It's at least 4 or 5 for this season so far

Say what? Remember I never punted I had Jan 31 as a potential punt date then held the ball when Feb looked like it would have some potential

BTW let's not count the chickens before they hatch, tomm could end up a little 1-3 event just as easily and Feb could bust low on snow

lol, nah...his pessimism make me laugh too much...and delaware folks have to stick together regardless

Being pessimistic makes you a leeper on this board. But being pessmistic ultimately means you end up being right a vast majority of the time. This is the upper Mid-Atlantic here.....not SNE....a TON of things have to go exactly right for us to get good snow events. The unbridled weenie-ism of many on here who see 4"+ in every model run is just as bad.

Look at Wes down in the MA forum. He hardly ever shows any optimism at all regarding snow and is regarded as a sage down there. He knows that like being pessimistic means he'll end up with the right forecast most of the time. He's not a stupid man.

Being pessimistic makes you a leeper on this board. But being pessmistic ultimately means you end up being right a vast majority of the time. This is the upper Mid-Atlantic here.....not SNE....a TON of things have to go exactly right for us to get good snow events. The unbridled weenie-ism of many on here who see 4"+ in every model run is just as bad.

Look at Wes down in the MA forum. He hardly ever shows any optimism at all regarding snow and is regarded as a sage down there. He knows that like being pessimistic means he'll end up with the right forecast most of the time. He's not a stupid man.

Meh...my goal is always to be as correct as possible. Perception, optimistic/pessimistic, feelings, etc. should never be part of the equation (well, reduced to a little as possible; we're humans so emotions are always part of it in some form).

It wasn't too long ago that the "board consensus" was generally against any snowfall happening this winter of significance. This stemmed from poor logic and emotions and now seems to be incorrect, given the current modeling for tomorrow.

Meh...my goal is always to be as correct as possible. Perception, optimistic/pessimistic, feelings, etc. should never be part of the equation (well, reduced to a little as possible; we're humans so emotions are always part of it in some form).

It wasn't too long ago that the "board consensus" was generally against any snowfall happening this winter of significance. This stemmed from poor logic and emotions and now seems to be incorrect, given the current modeling for tomorrow.

A-freaking-men....Wes for example is respected because he uses science and not emotions. So many on here make pessimistic posts for reasons that range from understandable - don't like snow - to Norman-Bates-talking-to-Mother kind of wacko - omgomg weather's out to get me.

Plus, for Christ's sake, some people on this forum act like five year olds. So you aren't getting snow. Boo-hoo. If you whine about lack of snow, you can find sympathy between sh!t and syphilis in the dictionary. 

Adam and Wes are experienced and know when to bark. That is something you learn over time. It is an admirable trait to possess when being a forecaster. Adam was all over this period, as early as I was, even if he got stuck in traffic a few times due to snow... :P

A-freaking-men....Wes for example is respected because he uses science and not emotions. So many on here make pessimistic posts for reasons that range from understandable - don't like snow - to Norman-Bates-talking-to-Mother kind of wacko - omgomg weather's out to get me.

Plus, for Christ's sake, some people on this forum act like five year olds. So you aren't getting snow. Boo-hoo. If you whine about lack of snow, you can find sympathy between sh!t and syphilis in the dictionary. 

I was so furious last week/weekend at the amount of nonsense being posted and crap that was shot at my way all due to poor logic and their precious sensitive feelings. It is no way to participate on a science forum.  

I was so furious last week/weekend at the amount of nonsense being posted and crap that was shot at my way all due to poor logic and their precious sensitive feelings. It is no way to participate on a science forum.  

This isn't really a science forum.  Its a forum of people who love extreme conditions that just happens to be governed by scientific processes.  There's a difference ;)

Essentially, its a forum of adrenaline junkies. 

Yes. I totally agree. I think that was more on NE forum, right? This forum seems decent. 

#climo

They oughta ban you. 

#climo

haha...the total at the end of winter is going to be hilarious.

This isn't really a science forum.  Its a forum of people who love extreme conditions that just happens to be governed by scientific processes.  There's a difference ;)

Essentially, its a forum of adrenaline junkies. 

Interesting, yes I agree...I'd be lying if I said I didn't like extreme conditions too. But if my passion's roots stem from scientific processes, I'd learn the damn protocol. lol...

Yes. I totally agree. I think that was more on NE forum, right? This forum seems decent. 

Yep...and yes, this subforum is one of the best.

no reason turning this into a pissing match. The punters and winter cancel people on january 29 know who they are. They will be reminded of it frequently as february produces. The increase in sun angle will increase the slush which will get adam angry. He will then turn into a monster mod and send warnings out evreywhere. HM will sit back and laugh as the severe -nao builds in and sne is left high and dry while we cash in and the whining will start up again after 2 feet of snow from this storm.

Archived