• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
BANTER THREAD : "It's 4th a goal down by 5, 1 second left" "Ray good thing you didn't come home"

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be it proposed:

Any member of this subforum who does thusly nitpick Mt Holly's watch/warning/advisory placement for their location, shall, after three infractions pay for the delivery of a pizza to the meteorologists on duty...and for every infraction thereafter kick in for an additional topping!

Good day sir!

This forum has come a heck of a long way....we are missing a blizzard by what? 100 miles? Less? We are getting rain that will cut into totals. And nobody is complaining!! I'm really proud of us as a subforum. Nice job guys, gals, mets, and mods! And now back to banter.

You can thank me for the big split. We are a good bunch. I notice this storm is trending ever so more west so we shall see.

Should I gas-up the new generator?

Depends.  Where do you live?  Immediate coast should get some nice winds.

The rest of the area probably won't be as bad as what we had that one Wednesday (last week?).  But for those of us who are getting rain -> nighttime -> cold temps -> heavy (wet) snow -> a little more snow on top of that... some trees might get a little achey.

Be it proposed:

Any member of this subforum who does thusly nitpick Mt Holly's watch/warning/advisory placement for their location, shall, after three infractions pay for the delivery of a pizza to the meteorologists on duty...and for every infraction thereafter kick in for an additional topping!

Good day sir!

Speaking of which... where the hell has Tony been?

Hello all!  I normally hang out and post in the Mid Atlantic forum (which is the region I live in), but occasionally pop by here to see what's going on.  Sometimes, I've found the model discussion and analysis to be more interesting/informative in here, and sometimes the over-the-top pessimism of late in the MidAtl forum gets old so thought I check out elsewhere from time to time.  And things are not too different (in terms of weather) so that much of the discussion is relevant to both regions.

Anyhow, I don't expect anything really in the DC metro area from this event, but best of luck getting something on the back end for you guys!  It sucks to see everyone north of here getting hammered while we get nada, but it's actually still been kind of exciting and interesting to follow what looks like a historic storm.  Almost reminds me of the feeling when following the storms we did get in 2009-10!!

Oh, and one funny comment.  I read the subject of this sub-forum kind of quickly...saw "punt" and "Ray can't come home"...and for some reason I thought it was a subtle reference to the Hall of Fame punter Ray Guy!! :lmao:

Gotta love a Nor' Easter along the coast in Feb - In Feb 05 10 saw it rain all day in TR - then got thumped with 24" - not saying that it will happen here but man think about the possibility where the back end bands set up.... The time is right and now - after this will be tuning up my lawn tractor :-(

Archived