Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Spring 2013

heavy_wx

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6-12 for Buffalo North 6-10 for Buffalo South. I have a feeling Buffalo North gets hit the worst from this judging from latest model runs.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO

10 PM EST SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BUFFALO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT

SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 PM

EST SATURDAY.

* LOCATIONS...BUFFALO METRO AREA AND NORTHTOWNS.

* TIMING...EARLY THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE SATURDAY EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTALS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES IN THE MOST

PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS...WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL RATES LATE

TONIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING.

* VISIBILITIES...BELOW A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EST

SATURDAY...

* LOCATIONS...HIGHER TERRAIN TONIGHT...LAKE SHORE AND SOUTHTOWNS SATURDAY.

* TIMING...THROUGH LATE SATURDAY EVENING. SNOW BANDS WILL MOVE NORTHWARD

WITH TIME.

* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTALS OF 6 TO 10 INCHES IN THE MOST

PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS...WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL RATES LATE

TONIGHT AND SATURDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...HEAVY LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL RESULT IN VERY DIFFICULT

TRAVEL WITH VERY POOR VISIBILITY AND DEEP SNOW COVER ON ROADS.

All right! Let's hope for the best. Have been let down too many times in the past several years here - bands falling apart right in front of my eyes, getting stalled a few miles south, swinging through in no time, or never materializing at all due to one or another factor not working out as planned :-)

Good luck WNY'ers!  Getting clocked here pretty good in L'pool at the moment...about 3.5" since 5:30...8" total since last night.

I feel the Buffalo airport is the prime spot for this event. Its 16 degrees out and the snow just started falling and looks to be the type of snow that is going to accumulate really fast. If that band holds together all the way until tomorrow night and remains strong someone is going to get clobbered.

Ya the new run of the BTV 4km WRF has the band go NORTH of Niagara Falls and even north of Lockport for a time tomorrow. Crazy.

9" on the ground here.  Not sure when it started - woke up to about 3"/hr stuff at 5:30 am, it's since backed off a bit.  Still heavy snow, over 1"/hr.  Almost forgot how quickly L Erie can produce here in the north towns - it's been a while...

9" on the ground here.  Not sure when it started - woke up to about 3"/hr stuff at 5:30 am, it's since backed off a bit.  Still heavy snow, over 1"/hr.  Almost forgot how quickly L Erie can produce here in the north towns - it's been a while...

congrats. My mother in Amherst says about 10 inches as of now and still dumping. You guys are long overdue!

I woke up to about 6.5" that fell between 1:30 and 7. No snow falling here now (nr Hertel and Main) now, but I can typically see the tower at Kenmore and Colvin, a bit more than a half mile away... nothing. Can't see it. It looks like I am JUST outside where that band has been parked for the last hour. I'm hoping it'll drift SE just a little bit.

I woke up to about 6.5" that fell between 1:30 and 7. No snow falling here now (nr Hertel and Main) now, but I can typically see the tower at Kenmore and Colvin, a bit more than a half mile away... nothing. Can't see it. It looks like I am JUST outside where that band has been parked for the last hour. I'm hoping it'll drift SE just a little bit.

sorry bro but it looks like that band is racing north. Hope for your sake it does move every so slightly south again because it sounds like you just missed out on the heaviest snows which were just to your north and east.

Received 5.5-6 inches in 3 hours last night here but the real show was north of here. A foot of snow by my parents house so far. Here is a few pictures my dad took. Here is latest spotter reports as well.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=buf&product=PNS&issuedby=BUF&format=ci&version=1

febles.jpg

febles1.jpg

Archived