joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/29 Winter Storm OBS/Disco Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its minus 3 at 850 , relax once the precip starts you go back to 0 c even if you get to 35 .

Look at the radar in DC and see what evap cooling did for them in the past hour .

You will mix today when the 925`s line gets to the coast , but you will go back to Snow

and will accumulate after .

Patience .

Flag , Upon further review , looks like last frame they went back to Rain , ur Fd lol jk

you will accumulate once the Low gets north of AC later

An hour ago I looked at the 12z sounding from OKX and was distressed to see an above freezing layer already just above the surface (say up to around 950). I just took another look and its not there. Either my glasses were foggy or this is a different image than was posted on UNisys before:

http://weather.unisys.com/upper_air/skew/skew_KOKX.gif

skew_KOKX.gif

Its OVAH.

LI would be lucky if they finish as snow and get a dusting from this.

Care to make a wager? In all seriousness, this has the makings for a predominantly snow event for most of LI barring the east end and perhaps the south shore. My gut tells me even the south shore on the western half of the island stays snow for the most part.

And please, for everyone out there that makes statements about LI lIke its the size of Dobbs ferry: stfu! :)

Check out wide shot of the EC and the radar echo coming off hatteras , You can see the center of circulation . almost has an eye to it in last few frames.

Going to deepen rapidly as it comes NE in the next 8 -hrs , so if you mix today , you will snow at some point , and where you dont mix

some may see 6 inches.

Starting to have a NEG tilt to the system already . Will deepen quick

Care to make a wager? In all seriousness, this has the makings for a predominantly snow event for most of LI barring the east end and perhaps the south shore. My gut tells me even the south shore on the western half of the island stays snow for the most part.

And please, for everyone out there that makes statements about LI lIke its the size of Dobbs ferry: stfu! :)

If you remain mostly snow, i will go to your house and shovel all of your snow for the entire winter.

Thanks for the candid discussion. At what time does your crystal ball tell you that the impending downpour might end as a flurry on the northern half of the island?

33F here.

For a second I got the person you quoted confused with the very insightful poster Snowlover123 and was actually concerned...

KMIV in S NJ reporting light rain. Philly with snow.

EDIT: ACY went up a degree and now reporting light rain as well. Not good.

Its a different world from BLM south...a NE wind of 020-050 is all off miles and miles of water, you can get tremendous boundary layer warmth on it. Up here thats not the case, there has been many storms that are rain down there, sometimes even rain in Belmar and snowing at JFK,

Its a different world from BLM south...a NE wind of 020-050 is all off miles and miles of water, you can get tremendous boundary layer warmth on it. Up here thats not the case, there has been many storms that are rain down there, sometimes even rain in Belmar and snowing at JFK,

KJFK is 34/25 with a NE wind at 9mph. Pretty much aligns with what you have been saying for the T/TD spread for days now. And great to see the winds are still NE.

Archived