bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Storm Threat Dec 26-28 Period

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom do you have the text output for 114 and 120 for PHL or PNE? I'm really curious if we squeeze out anything frozen before 120. Sounds like we might get a few inches before the changeover.

no i don't get the text output...i wouldn't rule out an inch or two...though the red flag is the thicknesses are pretty warm..hr 114 has the 546 line just south of phl..then hr 120 its up by ukt..

no i don't get the text output...i wouldn't rule out an inch or two...though the red flag is the thicknesses are pretty warm..hr 114 has the 546 line just south of phl..then hr 120 its up by ukt..

yeah...wunderground has an inch or so in the city before changeover. Better (not great) northwest but even there they change to rain before the end.

06z GFS has similar track to 00z but has a little stronger high pressure in Quebec and is a little colder. A snow/ice/snow or snow/ice/rain/snow event for I-95 to far N+W suburbs and primarily snow in LV and Lanco. snow/ice rain line shifts NW through area and then retreats to shore. Snow lingers in area as storm pulls away. Rough snow amounts: 3-7" in SE corner of Pa, 8-12+ over rest of Pa. 0-4" for S Jersey+ N De.

Agree Ralph Ice Storm is strongly signaled but we both know this run will not verify - I would bet on a blend between last night's extreme and this morning's - however for sheep and giggles here is the way the Wxsim plays out a very significant winter storm for the NW Philly burbs

12/26 (total precip 1.23" all frozen)

12noon - IP develops temp 34.6

3PM Heavy IP temp 31.6

Moderate to Heavy IP continue until 6am when it turns to Heavy Snow

Snow ending by 10am on the 27th

The Wxsim paints a total snow (snow and IP) accumulation of 2 to 3" along with quite a bit of ZR

Archived