• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Today is that all important day here Dec 5. Post your memories of this day in history

Avdave

December 5, 2002 holds a special place in my snow memories. As a 12 year old kid, I was amazed to see so much snow so early in the season after the sh*tty winter 01-02. As if 8" of snow weren't enough, the temp fell to 6 degrees a few nights after. I knew already that it would be an awesome year.

I got over a foot from the storm in 2003 but was bummed about a changeover to rain in the middle.

The 2007 clipper was fun, 5-6" and a big overperformer. The 2009 storm was the reason my elevation became a meme around here.

December 5th is now in October!

December 5th, 2002 6 1/2"

December 5th 2003 3 1/2" then 6 more the next day

Yeah the mid atl did well in the 2003 storm. I remember the 2002, we did ok in Hunt Valley, md but it all melted and washed away in the rains and fog on the 24/25th if I remember correctly. :(

Yeah the mid atl did well in the 2003 storm. I remember the 2002, we did ok in Hunt Valley, md but it all melted and washed away in the rains and fog on the 24/25th if I remember correctly. :(

Our area got 6" or so from that christmas storm, came down very quickly too.

Dec. 5th reminds me of 2003. The year my B.S. quota (per lifetime) was fully met.

I dropped the axe on a relationship, then introduced my SO to the curb outside my front door. Damn, did it feel good! Every year since, I've spent Dec 5th walking around with an even bigger smile than I already have. :)

And yes, the snow played a huge part in that 3 strikes-you're out, moment.

oh man, i forgot 2002 was the Christmas Snow (13"). what a December.

Then that was the one I was in Ft Myers, FL for. I was so ticked I missed the first white christmas in a long long time and after leaving Richmond and moving to Hunt Valley area it figures it would snow my first year back up "north" lol.

I think Baltimore had 10" I think.

2003 must have been the Christmas day with the rain and fog. and the last of the snow piles were washed away from the Dec 5 event

Dec. 5th reminds me of 2003. The year my B.S. quota (per lifetime) was fully met.

I dropped the axe on a relationship, then introduced my SO to the curb outside my front door. Damn, did it feel good! Every year since, I've spent Dec 5th walking around with an even bigger smile than I already have. :)

And yes, the snow played a huge part in that 3 strikes-you're out, moment.

Pretty harsh to curb stomp your ex after dumping them.

12/5/02 was the best one. 12/5/09 sucked monkey balls

I was shocked that it snowed pretty much all day in '09. I fully expected it to change over, but I have a little elevation a little west of the fall line (325' or so), so I got a nice 4-5"er that day. That was before I really started tracking, so I had no idea folks to the east got so screwed.

Dec 5th 2002, I was a freshman at UMBC, and we got enough snow to close campus for the day. I think mostly because the grounds crew was unprepared... I'll never forget the day because I was scheduled to register online for Spring semester classes. Registration went by the number of credits you had... The resnet was down and nobody at the helpdesk to fix it because campus was shut down. I remember being so tilted that I couldn't register, and upset that the classes I needed might not be available the next day, when others with less credits were allowed to register. I ended up being one of the last students to ever use the phone registration system for classes that day. Probably a dumb story, but it has been stuck on my mind for 10 years now.

Archived