• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential Snow 11/27 - 11/28

NEG NAO

Any precip that falls on the " light " side because it doesnt involve deepening will make it hard for any precip to fall in the form of snow in the city .

And right now outside of the UKMET s wetter scenerio there isnt much model support for the boundary level to be cool enough here .

It could change , but dont just look at the 850`s we dont live 1 mile in the sky .

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kinda disagree with you here. I think what many are trying to say is that without a reasonable low pressure system, we are not going to advect much cold air from the north when it matters most. I agree that precip rates are going to be important, but once Tues. comes around, the airmass will be quite stagnant.

What part of OVERRUNNING do you not understand? You need heavy precip, not storm strength. Overrunning storms are never strong,

I kinda disagree with you here. I think what many are trying to say is that without a reasonable low pressure system, we are not going to advect much cold air from the north when it matters most. I agree that precip rates are going to be important, but once Tues. comes around, the airmass will be quite stagnant.

We're talking about 850 temps. Since when does that have anything to do with advection from the North?

Steve D brought up a good point. The sampling isn't going to come ashore until the 0z runs tonight. We have seen shifts at the last minute. I don't think anyone should give up yet. Also, he explains how some gulf moisture might interact with this storm. Interesting.

It's only out to 48

The precip rates that end up verifying will dictate the P-Types for the city out across Long Island.

The BL is cold enough either way for snow north and west, but we need heavy enough precip

to get an accumulating snow near the coast.

This run has some issues, h5 looks pretty decent imho but in actuality the sfc depiction is not producing.

Agree. Should have been more north with a better precip field.

12z GGEM is flat and horrible. Euro should go south based off the other runs.

Maybe you should give the models more credit and not insist they're wrong for no reason. 12 hours is quite the flip flop.

Steve D brought up a good point. The sampling isn't going to come ashore until the 0z runs tonight. We have seen shifts at the last minute. I don't think anyone should give up yet. Also, he explains how some gulf moisture might interact with this storm. Interesting.

Shocking.

Funny how no one was whining about the "lack of sampling" when the models were showing snow for the area. How strange...

What part of OVERRUNNING do you not understand? You need heavy precip, not storm strength. Overrunning storms are never strong,

i just saw ths so sorry to get back late. u dont accumulate overruning .10 inch liquid into 40degree air. 850s dont get to the surface unless u r precipatating hard and outside the ukmet. secondly u compared ths to nov 7 ths system and thats a little silly. ths time around. no deepening system. ugly boundary layer all spell yuck as far as im concerned. but enjoy ur sunday

just look at the speed of that trough crashin into the west coast .it breaks the ridge.down and keeps the pattern progressive si theres no real buckling of the jet of the east coast. this system just flies thru the flow and ejects ene. too flat for us. any deepening will b off to our east and northeast. ths one is looks fleeting to me

The 15z SREF mean plumes show a half-decent chance of 1" accumulation in that general area

I ask cause that would lead me to believe that the HV sees accumulating snowfall as well and I just can't see that now considering the recent trends..

Upton seems to think we do as well..

• Monday Night

A chance of snow, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

• Tuesday

Snow likely, mainly between 9am and 3pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Archived