Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential Snow 11/27 - 11/28

NEG NAO

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to look like a non-event. SREF's are NOT impressive whatsoever. This has a good likelihood of heading out to sea with little development south of the benchmark. Pacific is looking like crap after 144 HR as well. I suspect there will be a reloading before real cold during early Dec.

6z NAM was more NW than the 00z NAM, and gives the area more precipitation than the 00z NAM, but it's still a lot less than what the ECMWF/UKMET have for the area.

Have to go with the Euro models at this range - GFS has a habit of flattening things out to much at this range - should start correcting itself by tomorrows 12Z

We are overdue for some significant precip - very little since the 7th/8th event beginning to remind me of one of the top analogs for this winter - 76/77

Have to go with the Euro models at this range - GFS has a habit of flattening things out to much at this range - should start correcting itself by tomorrows 12Z

We are overdue for some significant precip - very little since the 7th/8th event beginning to remind me of one of the top analogs for this winter - 76/77

Looks like 12z NAM is more NW with the heaviest precipitation this run than the 06z run.

nam_namer_051_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Archived