• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
12/20-12/21 Moderate/Intense Clipper Event?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A White Christmas looks like a lock this year for a lot of people.

Now if only we can have falling flakes on Christmas day...

thats all i want for christmas....a white one...not gonna happen :arrowhead: if i get paid enough on payday, ill have to make a trip to MN and get some pics/videos :scooter::thumbsup:

A bit OT, but if you guys want snow, head to the Sierra Nevada range. Coolest NWS point click forecast I have ever seen.

http://forecast.weat...n&FcstType=text

After reading that you can understand why the infamous Donner party had so much trouble getting through there lol.

We could use some more..My snow pack is only at 27 inches.

That's a lock for a white christmas if I ever saw one LMAO!!:snowman:

The GFS is definitely north of the 12z GFS. The NAM is way north in comparison. For obvious reasons I'm rooting for more of a GFS type solution, but the NAM whooped the GFS pretty good with that last system. At least for this immediate area anyway.

A White Christmas looks like a lock this year for a lot of people.

Now if only we can have falling flakes on Christmas day...

Climatologically Detroit has a 50/50 shot of a white Christmas, which is 1"+ snow on the ground at obs time. This year it is a 100% lock. Of course snow falling on Christmas is perfect. There are ways to get "cheated" on this meteorological White Christmas of course. Say theres no snow on the ground at 7 am. Snow starts to fall at 9am and falls heavily all day dropping 10 inches. To almost everyone this is the perfect Christmas weather. But "officially" its not a white Christmas, because the ground was bare. On the flip side, say there is a 3" snowcover, old and dirty, present at 7am but it is 40F and pouring rain with standing water everywhere. As UGLY as can be, but it is "officially" a white Christmas. Lol. My mom said today "its so nice having all this snow for Christmas week, if we can get a coating to freshen it up for Christmas that would be PERFECT". I agreed with her, but didnt even MENTION this possibility of Tuesday snowstorm because of how awful the models are, dont want to get any hopes up.

What's interesting is the GEM is usually the most robust with systems in this time range. It's clearly handling the overall setup differently than the GFS/NAM. At least the previous Euro guidance supports the wetter/more dynamic American models. Hope the new Euro continues that way of thinking in an hour or so when it comes out.

Changed. I like this one much better.

haha, works for me. One thing looking good for down my way, is mixing doesnt appear to be much of an issue, with the exception of possibly Southern Ohio mixing for a period. Don't look as though p-type issues will make it to I-70. Now lets hope the ECMWF shows this sucker

976 MSP rain for everyone east

Well if that doesn't throw a wrench for us Ohio guys. First time every model agrees and then the Euro has to screw it all up lol.

Oh jeeze, what an a*shole lol. Jp. You had me worried Ill give you that cause I am on my cell so I can't check the models right now and furthermore it isn't out for me yet lol

Archived