• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
12/20-12/21 Moderate/Intense Clipper Event?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dusting at best :arrowhead:

Dusting at best.

Hoosier doesn't like it.

Ah thanks, I am not up on my forum board acronyms I guess. My quick google search yielded potentials including: digital audio broadcasting, flatfish, KDAB (Dayton Beach International), Departmental Appeals Board, and dab pumps (whatever those are).

Ah thanks, I am not up on my forum board acronyms I guess. My quick google search yielded potentials including: digital audio broadcasting, flatfish, KDAB (Dayton Beach International), Departmental Appeals Board, and dab pumps (whatever those are).

Dab pumps sounds like some kind of womens shoes lol. But come on Hoosier if you get a dusting that means I get a dusting. Just follow the GFS keep hope alive!!! HAHA

When does thing thing come into the west for a full sample? Should be interesting to see if the models show it getting stronger. Grand Rapids AFD said 2 days ago that there is a possibility that the models could be too weak with it.

Yeah good point, and as I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, the eventual strength and amplitude of the wave as it ejects into the plains is key to both where this system tracks and its intensity as the baroclinic zone in the low levels is pretty ridiculous. Lots of potential energy and these "disturbances" can grow rapidly with time. The NAM is an example of what a slightly more intact wave can do when it interacts with the low level baro zone. Early GFS runs were an example as well...and some of the ensembles show the potential as well.

New SREFS has a nice .25-.5 swath of qpf from S. MN, NE IA, C, S WI, and N. IL.

Also looks good for N. IN and NE. OH

well BOO then. if it is only good for NE Ohio BOO lol. Makes me sick. The technology we have available and cant even get a model that can stay consistent. Nearly all models showed a big hit for CMH and even a lot of the 0z runs, but now I just am sickened. May be time to log off and see what 12z brings.

well BOO then. if it is only good for NE Ohio BOO lol. Makes me sick. The technology we have available and cant even get a model that can stay consistent. Nearly all models showed a big hit for CMH and even a lot of the 0z runs, but now I just am sickened. May be time to log off and see what 12z brings.

Haha Dilly, first thing I thought when you posted this was this thread:

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php?/topic/4032-why-are-models-so-bad/

We had a field day against analog96 in this one.

Haha Dilly, first thing I thought when you posted this was this thread:

http://www.americanw...-models-so-bad/

We had a field day against analog96 in this one.

Sad part is, he is right. Look at that MW storm last week. Disgusting mess where models were concerned. Euro shows a monster 1888 style for the EC, while the GFS said NO and then next day the Euro takes it OTS. 0z American models all show a big hit for central Ohio tonight,the sref was showing a big hit earlier, and now they are flopping around like a Male nudist on a seesaw. It's sad really. I feel bad for mets. I wanted to be one, but I dont know if I could deal with the critisizm you guys must take when models are acting stupid.

Sad part is, he is right. Look at that MW storm last week. Disgusting mess where models were concerned. Euro shows a monster 1888 style for the EC, while the GFS said NO and then next day the Euro takes it OTS. 0z American models all show a big hit for central Ohio tonight,the sref was showing a big hit earlier, and now they are flopping around like a Male nudist on a seesaw. It's sad really. I feel bad for mets. I wanted to be one, but I dont know if I could deal with the critisizm you guys must take when models are acting stupid.

Read the thread thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I hope you don't subscribe to Analog96's view.

Read the thread thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I hope you don't subscribe to Analog96's view.

didnt read it. Just read the title lol. But as a met you surely cant think models are doing a good job so far this winter? But I'll admit, as bad as I feel they have been, I stay up every night for the 6z runs, and am on the cpu for the 12z's lol. Oh and the 18's and 0's lmao.

Let us see what bomb the 6z NAM brings. I say.... 6-10" for MN and hmm the beginnings of a big storm for cmh.

Archived