joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
hurricane sandy thread #3

forkyfork

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing pressures at LF around 947. Being that it's at 951 now and with the phasing yet to take place is it even a remote possibility that the pressure is underdone? I mean, are we to believe that the strength will basically remain the same with the phase yet to occur?

I do think it is underdone. Models earlier in the week had 940 or even lower in some examples. To rule out it potentially getting that low is premature in my opinion.

I do think it is underdone. Models earlier in the week had 940 or even lower in some examples. To rule out it potentially getting that low is premature in my opinion.

I believe that the phasing will change the type of the storm that it is, not automatically turn it into something "stronger"....basically, the storm is already strong and will be pulled towards a populated area, large scale

Moderators Please, Please forgive Me, posting here...

I need Help badly...

Folks! I need some help FAST!

Even though I reside on Coastal NC, I've got a dear friend Whim resides in Riverhead, NY

Around Ellen street in Riverhead.... She's reporting mainstreet is flooding already...

Her husband is gone on business out of town... She's by herself and getting scared...

I *think* She's at least 35' above the bay...

I need to reasure Her about flooding potental...

As I Opined She resides at/around 40 block of Ellen Street, Riverhead Ny....

Tide(s) Surge & Flooding, has She anything to worry about?????..

Or PLEASE post a link for estimated surges & tide info expected? in THAT area?

There are Evac orders, (she said, in a PM) out for "Low-Lying" area(s) around there...

HELP!

Given the current progs, is flooding possible in Zone B of the NYC evac maps in addition to Zone A? I would think just Zone A, but idk.

Also, I visited a friend at Fair Harbor on Fire Island this summer. I can't imagine that place is left standing after this storm. When I was there it was apparent they haven't seen anything major in ages as the entire island is within a few feet of sea level. During the peak surge I would presume the entire island will be covered by several feet of water.

Given the current progs, is flooding possible in Zone B of the NYC evac maps in addition to Zone A? I would think just Zone A, but idk.

Also, I visited a friend at Fair Harbor on Fire Island this summer. I can't imagine that place is left standing after this storm. When I was there it was apparent they haven't seen anything major in ages as the entire island is within a few feet of sea level. During the peak surge I would presume the entire island will be covered by several feet of water.

Fire Island will be completely under water.

12z hwrf. 934 landfall. It initialized the best.

1938 Hurricane came ashore at Patchogue, Long Island with a pressure of 946 mb / 27.94".

I need Help badly...

Even though I reside on Coastal NC, I've got a dear friend Whim resides in Riverhead, NY

Around Ellen street in Riverhead.... She's reporting mainstreet is flooding already...

Her husband is gone on business out of town... She's by herself and getting scared...

There are Evac orders, (she said, in a PM) out for "Low-Lying" area(s) around there...

HELP!

My mom is calling for help, even though I live in Mount Vernon, NY.

I need Help badly...

HELP!

Provide more information.

Archived