Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Banter Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't go sightseeing. A change happened between this morning and now according to my cousin in Belmar, who is under mandatory evacuations. The officials won't let you in, wont let you drive around. And won't want to see outsiders trying to get a peek at the storm. The folks who live in Belmar are now fearing the worst. The water was up to the boardwalk before according to my cousin. People who didn't board up their homes are regretting it. Some people think there won't be any boardwalk or homes on ocean ave left after this storm. She said there's a fear in the air. It's not like it was with Irene which people took as an inconvenience. She says there's a fear of the unknown. And that's what's about to happen.

Ok, all the hype has done its job on me, I'm just about ready to pack up the wife, kid, and the two dogs and head to a relatives house in western NC, and I'm 40 miles inland. If I only cut down all the trees after Irene like I wanted to.

Do you have a friend or relative nearby who has a residence without any trees with a fall radius that could hit their house? Also, your county might have a shelter if you are that concerned about tree fall..otherwise stay on the lowest floor when the higher winds hit.

stay calm use common sense and I think we'll all be ok

No official decision was made at that time they were talking about it though.

I believe that the federal courthouse in Philly is closed. All potential Jurors are Not Suppose to report on Monday.

My wife was due to serve Monday and Tuesday,. Looks like she will luck out!

Do you have a friend or relative nearby who has a residence without any trees with a fall radius that could hit their house? Also, your county might have a shelter if you are that concerned about tree fall..otherwise stay on the lowest floor when the higher winds hit.

stay calm use common sense and I think we'll all be ok

Thanks for the info, fortunately only the old Virginia pine worries me. Looks like its been around awhile, here's hoping its survived this before.

I know that road. I grew up in Camden and graduated from CR. I know someone who lives off of that road in a townhouse right on the Bay in Slaughter. I hope they evacuated.

Cool! Yeah I grew up outside of Magnolia, graduated CR in 95'. I went up to Little Creek and Port Mahon around 1:00 pm and the tide had already started back out (but that road going into Port Mahon is just completely wrecked from so many floodouts it looks like it was in an earthquake). I also went back to North Bowers around 5:00 PM and it was dead low tide by that time but there's plenty of standing water still left over from when high tide had come through this morning and the water levels were up to about 2' below the canal wall, so i'm sure by the next high tide N bowers will take a big hit. Didn't appear to many people right on the beach were still there so i'm hoping they left. Even looking over to the South side of the canal it looked pretty desolate.

Archived