Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Banter Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a shift to the ne to a track over LI would be a worse outcome inland wise than a center coming right over us. We would get the most intense rains. Also, their is an intense llj jet screaming at 85kts on the sw flank of this that would come over us. As you see with the nam, their looks to be an inverted trof like feature that may minimize winds.

I've been thinking about this as things have ever so slightly shifted northward. If we get on that southwest flank, we'll see 2x the amount of rain and potentially more wind.

just saw a gaggle of geese flying due west. What the heck does that mean?

The animals know better than we do! haha. It's like the Day After Tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get some decent snow pics out here for my Philly brethren, but as of now the chances seem fairly remote. I hope ya'll fair better considering you'll be seeing the brunt of this.

I'm glad I left NY......

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/sandy_downgraded_remains_hurricane_veqQkHaZ8PBuQdIcO2MBKI

Bloomberg urged residents to stay in their homes during the storm, and said those who planned to ride out the storm elsewhere stay in the city rather than fleeing upstate, where the damage is expected to be greater. bag.gif

I'm rooting for a tiny shift N to get us away from the center, I want the epic rains & wind, none of that Rib-Inverted trough crap

I can respect that. If ya gotta pay the admission fee, you might as well see the whole show. Yeah, whether sleet or inverted trough, don't want it. It's like coming in second in a pig kissing contest. You feel bad for having put yourself through the ordeal, and then don't even get the prize.

SE-PA is coming perilously close to where the main thrust of precip will be. Hope totals stay under 6". I fear someone will get 10+ in the Mt Holly area.

Mandatory evac's along the DE coastline. Almost to late now. Here's the only road leading into/out of S. Bowers Beach, DE. Water level was at about 8 - 10" when I got there, 30 minutes later it was closer to 16" and high tide is still about an hour from now. This pic was about an ago, so I would imagine by full high tide that sign you see in the pic will be gone and that means the water will have breached the bridge i was standing on when I took this pic. Waves at this location are normally 1' or so (3' on a really bad day), already crashing at 5' - 6' this morning. Couldn't get to the beach without de-clothing though so just eyeballed it from the truck. i'll see if any of the pics i took of the wave action came out clear enough to post (was still really dark for the time)

post-1740-0-06833600-1351428994_thumb.jp

Mandatory evac's along the DE coastline. Almost to late now. Here's the only road leading into/out of S. Bowers Beach, DE. Water level was at about 8 - 10" when I got there, 30 minutes later it was closer to 16" and high tide is still about an hour from now. This pic was about an ago, so I would imagine by full high tide that sign you see in the pic will be gone and that means the water will have breached the bridge i was standing on when I took this pic. Waves at this location are normally 1' or so (3' on a really bad day), already crashing at 5' - 6' this morning. Couldn't get to the beach without de-clothing though so just eyeballed it from the truck. i'll see if any of the pics i took of the wave action came out clear enough to post (was still really dark for the time)

Wow!

I'm incredibly excited to see this happen meteorologically speaking. Just to see how a perfect storm comes together.

Being a firefighter, I am very very nervous though as to what's about to transpire. It's gonna be a long couple days ahead....hoping everybody stays safe.

Here's some more pics:

-The pic with the accord in it was when I first got there and there's still some beach left. She was out walking her dogs on the beach and one dog she had left in the car had jumped out the window and was stuck in the water there by the car. smh I almost had to dog retrieval but she came back just as i was starting to take my shoes off.

-there's (2) pics looking into S. Bowers, 1 when I first got there, and 1 as i was about to leave (just after the pic i posted earlier). I just checked the time stamps and the first pic was at 7:45, the 2nd was at 7:57. I actually didn't realize til just now that it had only been 12 minutes between those pics, seemed longer than that. That water is rising quick.

- the other stand alone pic was me driving me back out towards rt 13, you can still see the town back and to the right. On severe high tides, water comes up along the road there, but usually nowhere near that high, and as I indicated above, high tide was probably going to be around 9:30 for that area so it was already several feet over where it should've been.

These were all from my phone, I haven't had a chance to check the camera yet to see how those came out.

post-1740-0-88272900-1351432363_thumb.jp

post-1740-0-39975100-1351432371_thumb.jp

post-1740-0-94370300-1351432378_thumb.jp

post-1740-0-08750200-1351432392_thumb.jp

thats why i hate when people dismiss everything before it happens. We have lived through the march 2001 storm, the eagles comeback against the giants, winter of 09-10 we should learn to let things play out and not dismiss it.

Yeah I don't know much about weather but, after the last 5 years its hard to just dismiss something that doesn't seem believable because it hasn't happen before. It's naive to think with what 150 years of data that we have seen everything weather wise. This storm is just another example to add to the list of weather extremes over the last five years. Ok that's my rant on that, now back to your regularly scheduled supper storm.

If there is bust potential with this storm, I think it will be with rainfall amounts projected. Lots of dry air surrounding this storm.

No connection with the GOMEX

I can still see some big rainfall totals somewhere, but one thing that seems unlikely is a big Delaware River flood. One thing I've been calming people about if they ask... just doesn't look like the upper basin will get the necessary rainfall to generate a significant flood. Unless the track makes a radical change.

Archived