Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT: My grandma just had to be rescued by my dad from tidal flooding in Lindenhurst NY. There were no mandatory evacs. as of this morning (atleast that's what I was told). In the 60 years living there, they never had water up to the house, it was surrounding the house nearly 2 feet deep.

Highest winds in N+E Jersey and Delmarva

CITY SKY/WX TMP DP RH WIND PRES REMARKS

WRIGHTSTOWN HVY RAIN 55 54 94 N26G44 28.94F FOG

MORRISTOWN HVY RAIN 54 52 94 N21G44 29.14F FOG

NEWARK RAIN 57 54 89 N32G49 29.08F FOG

ALLAIRE* CLOUDY 55 54 94 N26G48 28.96F

OCEAN CITY RAIN 52 52 100 NW31G45 28.84F FOG

WALLOPS ISLAND RAIN 54 42 64 NW24G45 28.93F

I don't normally ask anyone to do this, but say a prayer for my state tonight, I'd appreciate it. I can't even begin to explain how bad things are down here. So many rescues ongoing east of me, of morons who stayed, scrambling to get them out before the next high tide. At that point they won't be getting out. This could be our Katrina, and at this point, that's not an exaggeration. Most of our shore towns will never be the same again. The state has requested our boat to go down to the shore, with a task force and I'll probably be leaving within the hour.

I don't normally ask anyone to do this, but say a prayer for my state tonight, I'd appreciate it. I can't even begin to explain how bad things are down here. So many rescues ongoing east of me, of morons who stayed, scrambling to get them out before the next high tide. At that point they won't be getting out. This could be our Katrina, and at this point, that's not an exaggeration. Most of our shore towns will never be the same again. The state has requested our boat to go down to the shore, with a task force and I'll probably be leaving within the hour.

Good luck, be careful, and thank you for what you're doing. Make sure you smack each and every rescued adult upside the head for all of us.

Archived