• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

If this is 90 mph sustained, and gusts over 100 mph... should the NWS consider an Extreme Wind Warning right before landfall, especially since there will be people living in high rise structures where the winds may be substantially stronger above ground? I know this is technically reserved for 115+ mph...

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds and rains picking up all at once. We had a bit of a lul, but it is getting bad right now. Cape May Point is in pretty good shape as of now, but Cape May is experiencing moderate flooding from waves over the sea wall and Cape Is. Creek flooding. Tide is really not dropping and tonight's tide is going to be horrible. This could come ashore close to high tide.

Winds and rains picking up all at once. We had a bit of a lul, but it is getting bad right now. Cape May Point is in pretty good shape as of now, but Cape May is experiencing moderate flooding from waves over the sea wall and Cape Is. Creek flooding. Tide is really not dropping and tonight's tide is going to be horrible. This could come ashore close to high tide.

Any word on the Delaware Bay side? I've heard very little mention of this area.

Any word on the Delaware Bay side? I've heard very little mention of this area.

I was at Sunset beach an hour ago and the water was about level with the road and large swells coming from the upper bay. Quite a site, but no serious issues (yet). Just a powerline down.

I am a fireman so I can patrol the roads, but my area is south of the Cape May canal. I am told that the bridge into Cape May from the parkway is closed due to flooding on 109. The west Cape May bridge is passable for now but police are losing patience with civilians on the roads.

Enjoying the power while we have it.

Archived