Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS Thread for PHL area : Sandy / Post Trop Phase

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't normally ask anyone to do this, but say a prayer for my state tonight, I'd appreciate it. I can't even begin to explain how bad things are down here. So many rescues ongoing east of me, of morons who stayed, scrambling to get them out before the next high tide. At that point they won't be getting out. This could be our Katrina, and at this point, that's not an exaggeration. Most of our shore towns will never be the same again. The state has requested our boat to go down to the shore, with a task force and I'll probably be leaving within the hour.

Keep your head up out there Ryan. Heroic stuff you guys are doing, but part of me thinks that the people who decided to stay should be on their own for now. You and your crew shouldn't have to risk your life and safety for their mistake or stubbornness. Hopefully those still there can hold out until Wednesday...

I don't normally ask anyone to do this, but say a prayer for my state tonight, I'd appreciate it. I can't even begin to explain how bad things are down here. So many rescues ongoing east of me, of morons who stayed, scrambling to get them out before the next high tide. At that point they won't be getting out. This could be our Katrina, and at this point, that's not an exaggeration. Most of our shore towns will never be the same again. The state has requested our boat to go down to the shore, with a task force and I'll probably be leaving within the hour.

Praying for our state --trees breaking in my area - dunes have broken at LBI

Took a last, last minute trip to Wegmans while it was still manageable here and they were open, mainly to get some more stuff that I know the kids will eat. Part of it too is that I can't sit still, and I wanted to at least experience a piece of the storm while it's not too dangerous.

Winds still mainly < 30mph right now in Cherry Hill/Mt. Laurel area, but the gusts definitely get your attention. Roads already ponding in spots...Weird to feel "tropical" winds feel so cold...Still a lot of people out running errands. Trying to keep the ominous discussion with my wife to a minimum because my three year is picking up on my concern...

Goodluck prayers are on their way for you and your crews safety.

52.7 degrees, light rain and light winds right now. About 1.2" of rain in the gague. Rain has been pretty sporadic since 10 AM.

My barometer reads 28.60 but I think its busted. KDYL has 28.98. Winds had gusted to about 30 mph earlier and had mainly N to NW winds. Now purely North winds and some gusts out of the NE as the center gets closer.

Whoever said this thing was moving slowly, has not looked at the latest radar. Its flyin in.....

52.7 degrees, light rain and light winds right now. About 1.2" of rain in the gague. Rain has been pretty sporadic since 10 AM.

My barometer reads 28.60 but I think its busted. KDYL has 28.98. Winds had gusted to about 30 mph earlier and had mainly N to NW winds. Now purely North winds and some gusts out of the NE as the center gets closer.

Whoever said this thing was moving slowly, has not looked at the latest radar. Its flyin in.....

Totally agree with that

Peak gust of 54 mph at my LBI station so far (sig link has obs). Sustained (2-min) up to 36 that I've been able to see. The wind direction has been consistently around 20 degrees (NNE), which is, at least, better than a due NE or ENE wind in terms of surge prospects. I'm hoping the winds will back around to the N a bit more at landfall as indicated by the models - and maybe that can keep the surge from getting totally out of hand for the next high tide.

Pressure at DAFB now down to 28.80, and with the 3.5" rain today plus what we got starting from about 1:00pm yesterday afternoon we should be at just about 5.00".

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:19934.1.99999

Did a quick run down to one of the local ponds about a mile from my house that flooded out on the bottom side during Irene. At about noon it was already close to breaching the parking lot area. There's going to be some incredible images by tomorrow. Hope the Gov here in DE lifts the driving ban soon, don't feel like blowing a $100 just to get some pics.

Archived