e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Potential major phasing event this weekend

forkyfork

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the winter, this would be Euro watching time, as the late night crew would be feverishly reporting the Euro output frame by frame - always great fun and plenty to learn from those threads. Is the timing different in the "summer?" Thought I would 've seen the Euro posts by now.

TWC just did an awesome segment with Bryan Norcross essentially comparing this afternoon's GFS and Euro solutions, especially with regard to impact on the East Coast and then interviewing a couple of other hurricane experts (I think guys who work in the "back room" of TWC making the forecasts, but not sure - hadn't seen these guys before, but they were in the studio). Showed the differences in the influence of the eastern US trough on the track of Sandy and the resulting major differences in "landfall" (DelMarVa for Euro and eastern New England/Maine for GFS) locations for each, but also reminding folks that either solution would result in major impacts in the northeast US, especially with expanded windfields/rainshields as the transition to extratropical nature occurs near our latitude. Good stuff.

In the winter, this would be Euro watching time, as the late night crew would be feverishly reporting the Euro output frame by frame - always great fun and plenty to learn from those threads. Is the timing different in the "summer?" Thought I would 've seen the Euro posts by now.

TWC just did an awesome segment with Bryan Norcross essentially comparing this afternoon's GFS and Euro solutions, especially with regard to impact on the East Coast and then interviewing a couple of other hurricane experts (I think guys who work in the "back room" of TWC making the forecasts, but not sure - hadn't seen these guys before, but they were in the studio). Showed the differences in the influence of the eastern US trough on the track of Sandy and the resulting major differences in "landfall" (DelMarVa for Euro and eastern New England/Maine for GFS) locations for each, but also reminding folks that either solution would result in major impacts in the northeast US, especially with expanded windfields/rainshields as the transition to extratropical nature occurs near our latitude. Good stuff.

Yeah, 1 hour later during daylight savings time, I'm guessing the Euro is already starting to run though for about 20-25 minutes or so, it maybe in through 24-48.

Euro is a lot farther south and east with Sandy through 54 hours -- but the 12z run was an outlier in that it drove it very far north and west after exiting the Carribean. It might also simply be a bit slower.

In other news the ridge in the Atlantic still seems good.

Ridge in the Atlantic looks more amplified.

Archived