• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2013 Summer Discussion

Tropical

Now that meteorological summer is behind us and "cooler" weather will soon be arriving, I figured I would start this thread to talk about next year's warm season. Will it be a torch like this year with little precipitation or will we revisit the summer that not was (2009)? We shall see.

This call is looking solid so far:

ccatemp_12_s.gif

This thread seems premature with next summer being 9+ months away. About the only thing that can be said with any degree of confidence is that we will be coming out of a Nino...

I dunno if it is premature. I like summer and since this one is over, I figured we need a place to discuss the next one.

Plus it's fun to speculate on what will be.

This thread seems premature with next summer being 9+ months away. About the only thing that can be said with any degree of confidence is that we will be coming out of a Nino...

Completely early and should be deleted, there is absolutely no reason to keep a thread open for summer when it is 9 months away.

Completely early and should be deleted, there is absolutely no reason to keep a thread open for summer when it is 9 months away.

Like it or not, there is precedent for starting seasonal threads many months in advance. Though it would be nice if anyone can add something useful other than an EC map...

Like it or not, there is precedent for starting seasonal threads many months in advance. Though it would be nice if anyone can add something useful other than an EC map...

Hell 9 months away, I could add a picture of a dartboard if you would like. Precedent or not it is silly. Probably a bad precedent that was started to begin with.

lol, come on man. Met summer ended two days ago. Considering the OP, yeah well...it's really a stupid thread.

• 4 weeks later...

First post must have auto-updated. It is the Sept 30 map.

I'm sorry, but things are only going to get worse for you, given this summer was the pinnacle of hot and dry, unless you make good on moving to Florida and California. Then you can spam the cherry picked maps you post on the Southeastern or Central/Western boards.

• 2 months later...

If this thread had actual speculation with meteorological reasoning, I would see nothing wrong with the thread. Speculation about the following Winter starts in Summer. However, this thread will be nothing more than Tropical posting a seasonal model run now and then just because he knows it irritates most posters.

Well, my thoughts about coming out of a Nino aren't looking good, as it looks like it will not make if officially.

Hard to believe this won't be there in some form or another come Spring. At that point, it is getting close to summer. It may not run the pattern per se but if there's not major improvements then I'd think that the odds would be tilted in favor of at least episodic intense heat episodes spilling eastward.

drmon.gif

Archived