joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 18-20 Talking Points - Part 2

am19psu

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM is showing a split. I have a great feeling about the NAM and last year it performed very well.

Hmm I dunno. The NAM last year was good short range but I've never been keen on trusting it long range. Again, it's the only model showing a split now too. The GGEM just showed an amazing shift west, but that was with an intact PV that moved nicely west ala GFS.

I agree with you though that we should hope for a split in the PV because that enables both a better westward path and better blocking to prevent the storm from moving away fast (thanks to the eastern PV split lobe).

It's really encouraging to see that the GFS is not the only model showing inconsistent solutions one run to the next. Seeing the GGEM take a very radical shift from being way east to much more west should show everybody just how unclear a situation like this is when it's this far out. Now let's hope the Euro shows much of the same.

the euro saw something last night with that pv being displaced way further west and now the models are picking up on this

I saw a post last night that DT thinks the surface reflection should have shown the low pressure closer to the coast on the 00z euro...i dont know if that tru or not

there's always more precip overall than the OP because it's a mean of all the ensembles ;) but it does indicate that some of the ensembles are further west than the OP thus bringing more precip.

If you mean spatial precipitation coverage then you are clearly right. But not if you're talking about QPF. That depends on which side of the ensemble spread the OP is on.

It seems to be riding the progressive train thus far this season.

Umm pretty sure it was stubborn with the apps runner, being the last hold out for a pretty deep digging shortwave? So maybe this storm it's been progressive, but all season?

Archived