• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 26, 2012 Severe Weather Potential

earthlight

I figured it was. I was looking at radar about 90 minutes ago and it was barely anything. Downstream is not very favorable once it gets to BGM, if it gets that far. Posting from my phone now though, so data access is somewhat limited.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be absolutely shocked. They are even very rare in the Plains.

However, I would not be surprised to see a 10% tornado to our north, perhaps even hatched.

No way they go high risk but I think it's assumed that we are mod risked with 45% hatched wind. 30% hail and my guess is we are 5% tornados with 10% probs just to our north, perhaps anyway, time will tell, but that is my guess.

Craig Allen On-Air Inc

Could be one of those hellish days of severe weather around here on Thursday (possibly Friday too). Been called back from taking a mini vacation so tune in to 880 frequently for updates. Most likely time of any potentially severe weather will be from about 1pm on but even more so, towards evening

You know, having some sort of a mild cap is sometimes a good thing if we want to see sustaining and developing supercells. This helps in precluding convective debris and anvil runoff by the morning MCS that would hurt our CAPE and lapse rates for the evening.

I just hope that tomorrow's event does not become another 6/6/2010 in which the opposite of the above scenario happened.

Archived