Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z Models

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the time the NAM gets to hour 60, it has had a few runs to incorporate all the players for a potential event, thus having a better handle on the situation.

You realize that runs of the NAM are independent of one another right with the exception of initial conditions? There is no autocorrelation function between the 6z T+84 NAM and the 12z T+78 NAM.

This is vastly improved for those on the immediate coastline over 0z and the 6z.

You can say that again. I had thought the GFS would come west, but this is a significant shift, and puts NYC-BOS back into a SECS-y position. ;)

This is where we want the storm right now--waffling between barely a miss and barely a hit. We will see how it ultimately ends up, but the vast majority of our significant events are still out to sea at this range on the GFS. :snowman:

gfs_p60_120m.gif

I disagree slightly, most storm on the GFS at this range are SOUTH not EAST... I would feel much more comfortable if this was showing a signficant snow for TN and western NC and then slide the storm east and out to sea south right now then I do with it being OTS. Getting a north trend is a lot more common then getting a west trend. Not impossible but more of a long shot IMHO.

Now on the more positive side, forgetting about the surface for a minute, the H5 differences on this run of the GFS are a huge improvement for the prospects of a more amplified and further west track. The location of the H5 players on this run leaves room for a further adjustment to the west. Its a big step.

You can say that again. I had thought the GFS would come west, but this is a significant shift, and puts NYC-BOS back into a SECS-y position. ;)

This is where we want the storm right now--waffling between barely a miss and barely a hit. We will see how it ultimately ends up, but the vast majority of our significant events are still out to sea at this range on the GFS. :snowman:

gfs_p60_120m.gif

Guest someguy

with regard to saturday night sunday

s and e of RIC folks need to recall DEC 25 2004 SNOWSTORM for se VA 6-8" fell in willamsburg 12"+ in PHF and ORF and suffolk...

that might be what we see dec 19

Archived