• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Northeast Severe/Convective/Thunder thread V

Typhoon Tip

Scooter, after being surrounded by the hit or misses today got hit nicely by a gust front then torrential rain with lots of lightning. Thanks for the heads up, being on a lake watching these towers grow is fantastic. Saw the gust front hit the other side of the lake real well then watched it just blow across. Sweet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working on a write-up for Wednesday now since I finally have time to really look at things in better detail. Wednesday is certainly incredibly interesting but as usual there are many, many questions that need to be answered and some of which we won't know until Wednesday. However, if we go back historically I think we can actually answer a few of those questions right now, despite what models may or may not be showing.

Scooter, after being surrounded by the hit or misses today got hit nicely by a gust front then torrential rain with lots of lightning. Thanks for the heads up, being on a lake watching these towers grow is fantastic. Saw the gust front hit the other side of the lake real well then watched it just blow across. Sweet.

Well I guess you were one of the 20-30% lol. At least you kept an eye out.

But it's a conditional severe threat.

I'm not really so sure I'd call this threat conditional. Sure right now it isn't perfect and there are lots of questions but this event certainly holds alot of potential, especially if the NAM is correct. I know we have the MCS we're going to have to deal with but I'm not sure how strong it will be and it may actually help us rather than hurt us I think.

I'm not really so sure I'd call this threat conditional. Sure right now it isn't perfect and there are lots of questions but this event certainly holds alot of potential, especially if the NAM is correct. I know we have the MCS we're going to have to deal with but I'm not sure how strong it will be and it may actually help us rather than hurt us I think.

Conditional means more of the fact that it depends on solar heating.

Conditional means more of the fact that it depends on solar heating.

Gotcha

I think the only way we would get screwed over with lack of solar heating is if the MCS traverses our region later in the morning rather than earlier. If we can get this thing to move through say between 5-7 AM...even as late as 8-9 AM I think we would be in completely good shape.

The next issue would be how strong or large will the MCS be and will we see any subsidence...at this point I'm not sure if this will be a major issue but certainly needs to be watched for.

The MCS could certainly help us with regards to outflow boundaries as well as further increasing low-level moisture.

I think it's all about MCS timing.

Archived