• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Late June/Early July Extreme Heat Episode

Hoosier

A wide swath of 99-105 in SEMI. Chilly DTW not hitting the majic number skewed the books on this heat event.

Maybe so if you are going by unofficial stations, otherwise a broad swath of 97 to 101 from the official ASOS stations, with 103 from Adrian. YIP is the anomalous reading, as usual.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wide swath of 99-105 in SEMI. Chilly DTW not hitting the majic number skewed the books on this heat event.

:lol: First, HOW many times does DTW skew the books because of its anamolous warmth? And besides, when I look at all the numbers, SE MI was basically a swath of 96-103F. There is not one thermometer outside the sun that hit 105 other than YIP, and I fully suspect had we gotten a little extra nudge of heat that you saw just to our S/SW, you would see some outrageous 108F or something from YIP. DTW was still BY FAR in the higher end of reports from DTX.

Of the 22 stations on DTX's 8pm climate report, just 5 hit 100F+, 16 hit the 90s, and 1 was in the 80s.

Official #s...

DTX: 96

MTC: 97

MBS: 97

DET: 98

DTW: 99

PTK: 99

FNT: 100

TTF: 100

:lol: First, HOW many times does DTW skew the books because of its anamolous warmth? And besides, when I look at all the numbers, SE MI was basically a swath of 96-103F. There is not one thermometer outside the sun that hit 105 other than YIP, and I fully suspect had we gotten a little extra nudge of heat that you saw just to our S/SW, you would see some outrageous 108F or something from YIP. DTW was still BY FAR in the higher end of reports from DTX.

Of the 22 stations on DTX's 8pm climate report, just 5 hit 100F+, 16 hit the 90s, and 1 was in the 80s.

Official #s...

DTX: 96

MTC: 97

MBS: 97

DET: 98

DTW: 99

PTK: 99

FNT: 100

TTF: 100

Meh. I don't think DTW runs "warm" all that much. I think today might have had a lake Eire effect.

You would think DET would be the hot spot but it never is as of late. Willow run seems to be the Mack daddy of warmth and KVLL as stebo pointed out is a warmth magnet.

Meh. I don't think DTW runs "warm" all that much. I think today might have had a lake Eire effect.

You would think DET would be the hot spot but it never is as of late. Willow run seems to be the Mack daddy of warmth and KVLL as stebo pointed out is a warmth magnet.

City Airport is always cooler because of Lake St. Clair.

It's the same way in Chicago with O'Hare and Midway and their proximity to Lake Michigan.

What would be a hoot though is if we actually hit 100*F today.

It's the same way in Chicago with O'Hare and Midway and their proximity to Lake Michigan.

If I had to say over or under for Friday, I would say over. 4 KM NAM showing upper 90s.

79F dew point? Now that is nasty...nasty nasty...type of air you really can't go out into unless you want to sweat. Last night it was not even that and just standing outside I was sweating *sun had went down/i'm skinny* ... Can't deal with that humidity. Nothing dries...just rots. Give me 50F dew points...me likes.

Still 88 at IND. Figure there's probably about 6 hours of cooling to go. There's never been an 80 degree low at the airport but it has happened numerous times when the official site was elsewhere, mostly in the 1800's/early 1900's.

Wow. I find that shocking. MKE has had numerous 80F+ lows. Warmest being 84F.

KDTW 290453Z 28008KT 9SM FEW055 BKN150 OVC190 29/22 A2979 RMK AO2 SLP081 T02890217 403720194

4-group is your high/low, 37.2C (99F) for a high and 19.4C (67F) for a low. Sucks because I bet that we'd make it to 100 in the office :(

As for tomorrow, I think we get close to 100F again especially considering we will be starting at least 5F higher than this morning.

The killer for DTW today was that the winds were out of the South or South Southeast from 11AM to 5PM except for 4PM being South Southwest, then they shifted to due west after 5pm and that is when we reached our high. Had the winds been Southwesterly all day we would have eclipsed 100F maybe even 102F.

The killer for DTW today was that the winds were out of the South or South Southeast from 11AM to 5PM except for 4PM being South Southwest, then they shifted to due west after 5pm and that is when we reached our high. Had the winds been Southwesterly all day we would have eclipsed 100F maybe even 102F.

There is always something wrong with DTW or S/E Michigan. Either it be with a heatwave, snow storm (GHDB), a squall line that is collapsing as it moves our way, whatever.....always something..

There is always something wrong with DTW or S/E Michigan. Either it be with a heatwave, snow storm (GHDB), a squall line that is collapsing as it moves our way, whatever.....always something..

I don't see how that is 'wrong', it is just meteorology. We had a slight influence off of Lake Erie today.

It isn't going wrong, it is just meteorology...

Of course it's Meteorology, but what I'm saying is that there is always something that goes wrong........Either it be a DRY SLOT, or w/e...Just saying...all of our weather events seem to lack something. In the Winter we only got 12" of snowfall from the GHD blizzard, while expecting 2 feet...one example...then Severe Weather. Storms tend to develop in Western Michigan and die moving east, we get debris...

Didn't mention it earlier, but the 12z ECMWF has the heat continue on through the 4th and into next weekend.

If there is going to be limited severe damage and chases like i told you months ago we might as well continue on with the veg-dev from spring. most every field and lawn will be browner than daddylonglegs undies after a bike ride come next weekend.

was at summerfest right on the shores of lake mi the last two nights and was it ever brutal on the undies - especially today, i could have wringed them out and filled up a birdbath. Next week at summerfest I'll definitely try and fit a spare pair and travel size baby powder somewhere.

Archived